Subject: Like Hey, That's My Fish! but with MURDER! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt P
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Was able to pick up a copy of A Game of Thrones: Hand of the King yesterday and have now been able to play a couple of rounds with my wife. Hoping to try it with 3 this evening.

In short, this game is fantastic for the price point.

There aren’t many components in the actual game but for what there is, everything is high quality. The art is fantastic, though not everyone looks exactly like their HBO counterpart (which is fine). Speaking of HBO (and now the books), you don’t need to know anything about the series to enjoy this game. Sure the game is a little bit sweeter if you do, but certainly not necessary.

As far as game play, the game is quick to set up, easy to learn, fast to play, and simply fun. I really would describe it as Hey, That’s My Fish the MURDER edition thanks to the Companion cards which make every play a little different. For such a simple game there is a nice amount of strategy and variation between plays. Went out and bought the rest of my FLGS’s copies to give out as Christmas Gifts. For 10-13 dollars, you could find much worse things to spend your money on.

Based on BGG’s rating system, a solid 8/10 in my book. Highly recommend this, especially considering the price point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ulrich Roth
Spain
Barcelona
Catalunya
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
BackIssueBacklog wrote:
I really would describe it as Hey, That’s My Fish the MURDER edition

"Hey, That’s My Fish" is played with a whole bunch of meeples, rather than just ONE (Varys).

For me, that makes it a much more flexible and interesting game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Denby
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
And I'll form the Head!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played it 2 players but found it very enjoyable and agree with your points. I'm curious to see how it plays with 3-4 as with 2 players it is easy to read possible outcomes. Will be interesting to see how more players all working for different banners can change the feel of the game.

I'm happy that the art seems to draw more from the books than trying to illustrate the show.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.