Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
No. Not really.

Hi all. Long time lurker. I've only posted a few times in RSP. My sock puppet has also posted once or twice. It's always fun and interesting to see the differing viewpoints and the verbal assaults on one another.

I'm a life long democrat, liberal on many issues, conservative on others and moderate on quite a few. I'm open minded. I think we should consider varying and differing viewpoints. I'm sad to see what the Democratic party has become, and what it did to Sanders. This is best they had? A corruption tainted, hated, status quo establishment politician? It's also terrible that 'Liberal' has become such as bad word. I, too, am bummed about the election. I'm worried that worker and environmental protections will be attacked. I'm worried that there will be an increase in militarism. I never disliked Trump, in fact, to me the media just tried to portray him as a monster to generate viewership, clicks and profit. I just hope he doesn't surround himself with extremists. But, I'm optimistic. I tell people that my expectations of him are so low, that he can only go up! I hope he fixes the inner cities, creates jobs and strengthens our infrastructure, like roads, schools, hospitals, etc. I
hope he doesn't abolish the ACA, but greatly improves it. I think everyone should have access to good healthcare. We should take care of our own people.

I voted for Clinton, but I absolutely did not want to. I'm in California and seriously considered voting 3rd party because of my disgust with the Democratic party. Two positives about Trump winning is, hopefully, the Democratic party will be purged and it gets some better people to lead it, and that the Clintons will finally go away and retire somewhere. Anywhere!

I think there's much hysterics going on (rioting, people crying). People, especially the young, need to inform themselves, stay involved in their communities, donate time and money to organizations. It's not the end of
the world. Politics is cyclical. We go left, then right, then left again. Let's see what Mr. Trump does. If you don't like it then you work at change for the mid terms in two years and maybe a new president in four. But for God sakes, people need to ditch their smart phones and become people again. Get out of your bubble. Talk to each other. Treat each other with respect and dignity. We are all Americans after all. I could be wrong, but I think social media is a bane to our country and it's a big part of the reason why we are so divided. Another problem is this joke of a media we have. I think we should ALL rally together and demand unbiased and real analysis, and demand real investigative journalism again.

When I was young, neighbors used to talk to each other. I've been living in my house six years and I barely know anyone that lives around me. Yes, I'm to blame too. I'm going to make an effort to do better. Around the corner from me is a house that had a Trump sign on the lawn. I used to shake my head every time I drove past. Maybe next time, if I see them outside, I'll go over and shake their hands and introduce myself.

PS This is longer than I expected. Sorry! I just needed to rant.

PPS Constantly seeing his son's faces on TV for the next 4 - 8 years would drive me bonkers. Good thing I don't have cable!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Re: It's the end of the world so, "whine naught"?
>sauron< "Puss*GRAB*MON!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.D. Hall
msg tools
GROGnads wrote:
>sauron< "Puss*GRAB*MON!"

You such a poet!

As for the OP -- yeah, it sucks. I was a Sanders backer all the way, as were my grown children and my wife. Now we will get to see the other side, and it probably won't be pretty. But you've still got people in your life who care about you, and that's a pretty good thing. Stay focused on that for a while.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
Being the "poor sport winner" is just as bad that them losers are 'being'! I was for the "BERN" also and went GREEN 2016 then. cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Argyle Mac Sook
Antarctica
Someones foot
Luna
msg tools
My arch enemy is Dr. Dryer. Curse you Dr. Dryer!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
fpvillalobos wrote:
No. Not really.

Hi all. Long time lurker. I've only posted a few times in RSP. My sock puppet has also posted once or twice. It's always fun and interesting to see the differing viewpoints and the verbal assaults on one another.

A brother by another mother, PEACE! We could use a few more socks in this 'laundry-basket of deplorables'.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Binkowski
United States
Rochester
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OP - thanks for contributing.

But I don't understand why you felt compelled to vote for clinton in the end. Your descriptions of Trump and clinton would convince me to go with the former. Why did you stick with the Democratic party candidate if the party is so bad?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Wesley
Nepal
Aberdeen
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mb
fpvillalobos wrote:
No. Not really.

Grand Master Sock wrote:

A brother by another mother, PEACE! We could use a few more socks in this 'laundry-basket of deplorables'.
You're 'hampering' yourselves with proliferating "stench" of 'unchange' or 'unwashed' acceptance. gulp
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
Sarxis wrote:
OP - thanks for contributing.

But I don't understand why you felt compelled to vote for clinton in the end. Your descriptions of Trump and clinton would convince me to go with the former. Why did you stick with the Democratic party candidate if the party is so bad?

Thanks for your reply.

The Democratic party is more in line with my beliefs. Believe me, it took great effort to fill in the bubble for Clinton.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
FPV
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
GROGnads wrote:
fpvillalobos wrote:
No. Not really.

Grand Master Sock wrote:

You're 'hampering' yourselves with proliferating "stench" of 'unchange' or 'unwashed' acceptance. gulp

Ha ha. My understanding of Grognese is very poor. But this was funny.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Based upon my poor understanding of history, science, and ethics...
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
fpvillalobos wrote:
GROGnads wrote:
fpvillalobos wrote:
No. Not really.

Grand Master Sock wrote:

Ha ha. My understanding of Grognese is very poor. But this was funny.

Don't encourage him.... He'll start using... yellow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corey Clark
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Quote:
It's the end of the world

'bout damn time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.