Dave Breen
United States
Monroe
New York
flag msg tools
publisher
Losing Builds Character
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any reason not to glue the figures to the bases? Are there going to be situations where the bases need to be shared between multiple creatures? Opinions welcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
You really have no choice but to glue. The pegs on the figures aren't reliable to stay on the stands. Even if you use new stands, you'll still have to glue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Board Games World
Saudi Arabia
Jeddah
Jeddah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
you have to glue, otherwise it will be soooo messy when you play, minis everywhere, with s scattered bases.

Regards
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Phillips
United States
Redding
California
flag msg tools
One does not simply surf into Mordor!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was holding off on gluing as I was contemplating re-basing them on clear bases as the supplied ones suck in my opinion. Truth is I don't paint minis so I figured the 40 bucks plus that I would have to spend on new bases wasn't worth it.

I just recently glued them as I added the minis from the original game and trying to store all of them loose would be a nightmare.

We also thought about just using the monster chits instead which is still an option but the wife and I agree it adds to the immersion seeing the minis jump around the board. Per the wife... "it makes it scarier".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Love
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmm, a sticky dilemma...Ok, that was a bad joke.

I glued mine, and have no regrets, apart from a bit of excess glue creating a 'frosting' effect around where the mini is glued to the base.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jones
United States
Lagrange
KY
flag msg tools
mbmb
I glued (with superglue) my 1st edition minis to the black bases way back when. When second edition came out and the tokens weren't different for each monster, I decided to go the Litko clear base route. My 1st edition minis popped right off the old bases with very little force and no breaking (even the pegs came out of the holes on the ones I didn't cut off before removing) and I was able to re-base them.
So, go ahead and glue if you want to! It's not permanent, and is fairly easy to undo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Cantor
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'll be the usual minority opinion. I store all but the largest figures in planos and I just plug them on to the bases as the monsters come out, which in 2e really isn't all that often most of the time, so I think the easier storage makes up for the minor hassle of grabbing a figure and sticking it onto a base. I don't really care whether they're perfectly stable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
40 bucks plus, sounds very expensive. I bought bases for base and expansions and it only set me back £20, wich would be like $25 (incl shipping). I bought from Sally 4th on ebay. The brand I belive is TT Combat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris H
msg tools
I've been considering clear bases too. Not got the game yet (come on Christmas!), but saw these on eBay. What do you all think?

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clear-Perspex-laser-cut-bases-suitable-fo...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pixelseventy2 wrote:
I've been considering clear bases too. Not got the game yet (come on Christmas!), but saw these on eBay. What do you all think?

Your call. I got the Litko bases and cut off the pegs on all the monsters. Just getting to the point where you have much smaller bases is probably well worth it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay
United States
Lake in the Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
new user
pixelseventy2 wrote:

Almost wish I had seen those before I bought the Litko bases. I'm going to mount the flying monsters on flight pegs though so probably still would have gone the Litko route.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Cobcroft
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I glued mine to clear acrylic bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Logan
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
What glue is best for the job? (Just for gluing the stuff that comes in the box, not using new bases)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jones
United States
Lagrange
KY
flag msg tools
mbmb
mfl134 wrote:
What glue is best for the job? (Just for gluing the stuff that comes in the box, not using new bases)

I just used basic cyanoacrylate (super) glue. Loctite brand, the thin viscosity that you apply with the plastic brush attached to the cap. But any super glue would work fine. Like I said above, they held perfectly well right up until I wanted to re-base them and I was able to snap them off really easily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah F
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just make sure the tokens aren't in when you glue cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominique Roijen
Netherlands
Sittard
Limburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not a glueing expert. What is the best place to put the glue on?
- On the peg of the figure?
- On the part of the figure that is touching the black base?
- In the hole of the black base?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Branham
United States
Duluth
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Battle Beyond Space Status: Hit Distribution. In stores end of the week.
mbmbmbmbmb
What glue is best for acrylic bases?

I've yet to find anything which adheres to both the polyester mini and acrylic reliably.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tomas Hammar
Sweden
Gråbo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like Jay Jones, I use loctites super glue with my acrylic bases. The adhere very good and I cant see any clouding or anything. Plus, if my 1-year old get a hold of one of them, and tares them of the base, it will come off nicely without breaking the miniature. (Yes, it happened more than once when I forgot to clean up after my hobby)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.