Caverna: The Cave Farmers» Forums » Rules

Subject: Build Stables Action rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Hi everyone. I'm new to Caverna. I'm normally pretty good with rules, but I'm a little stumped on something I found in the rule book.

While reading through rules, I came across the build stables action. In the 'details on the build stables action' section it says,
"A meadow space with a stable can be fenced in to become a small pasture, or a large pasture if it is adjacent to another meadow".

What exactly does this mean? It seems to imply I do something with a tile with an existing stable on it. I know I can't move or remove stables from the board so I'm trying to understand given my understanding of the rules.

Does this mean I'm turning a stable with a meadow (holding one animal) into a small pasture with a stable (four animals)? Am I flipping the tile over to the pasture side similar to the build fences action (difference being that I have a stable on it)?

Or am I missing this and I'm supposed to be placing a stable on a meadow as part of this action and simultaneously flipping it to the small pasture side?

I'm assuming the interpretation is the same for the part about the large pasture as well. Any help understanding this would be greatly appreciated!

See attached image for more information

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew P.
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the rules are just letting you know you can build fences even if you already built a stable in the meadow you want to make into a pasture (i.e. a meadow with fences).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pieforteeth wrote:
I believe the rules are just letting you know you can build fences even if you already built a stable in the meadow you want to make into a pasture (i.e. a meadow with fences).

Correct. In other words, when you build the fence (pasture), just slide the tile in underneath the stable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
I guess what's confusing is the placement of this statement. Why is this statement described under the details about the 'build stables' if it's really just describing rules about another action, "building fences"...

It doesn't have anything to do with building a stable. It's only talking about tiles with existing stables...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Williams
Australia
Marrickville (Sydney)
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good point. I guess because it's about spaces on which you've already built stables (although not actually about building them).

I think the rule book could be better organised... I often have difficulty finding what I need when clarifying a rule. But that's partly because there is just so much information in there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
As long as it just means what you guys have said, I'm good. The placement caused me to start assuming more than the intention
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.