Triumph & Tragedy» Forums » General

Subject: 2nd edition, yellow blocks instead of orange? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Dolges
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all,

Got my 2nd edition copy the other day. I am looking to put together all the stickers and blocks and noticed the Neutral stickers call for orange blocks but I have none. Instead I seem to roughly have the right amount in yellow blocks instead. Finding pictures of 1st edition, it looked like indeed it used orange blocks.

Anyone else get yellow blocks? Was this intentional?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Szarka
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
When it is your turn to send a VASSAL move, the wait is excruciating. When it's my turn, well, I've been busy.
mbmbmbmbmb
It would be an improvement if so because the orange blocks looked too much like the red blocks. Mitigated by the fact that they don't tend to stick around very long!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Guys,

Yes, we changed the color of neutral blocks to try to address color-blindness issues.

We asked for light tan or beige but they came out light yellow.

The rulebook cites Orange blocks for neutrals (as in 1st Ed), but use the Light Yellow instead.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Dolges
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cbesinque wrote:
Guys,

Yes, we changed the color of neutral blocks to try to address color-blindness issues.

We asked for light tan or beige but they came out light yellow.

The rulebook cites Orange blocks for neutrals (as in 1st Ed), but use the Light Yellow instead.

Craig

Okay Craig thank you so much for the reply. The yellow is still different enough than the tan for Italians so it works. I would think beige would have been worse for that so it all works.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Parker
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Great game design makes the complex simple, replayability maximum, and abstraction credible.
badge
It’s not how well you roll that counts but how well the dice suit the game.
mbmbmbmbmb
For the record, I just received my box and my Neutral blocks are coloured Limoncello.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.