8 Posts

Vinhos Deluxe Edition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Change of Turn order rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Not sure if this has been asked before. I was reading through the rule book but didn't get this part clear up.

At the end of all 4 players' first action, if anyone use the pass action, there will be player markers on the second row. According to the rule book, you need to shift them up and move other player's mark left or right. I could not find any other part in the same rule book that explains when do I shift left and when do I shift right.

Can someone explain this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The turn order markers on the top row maintain their relative position. They move left/right as needed to ensure that the turn order markers from the bottom row can slide straight up. For example, in a 4 player game, if the initial order was orange, blue, yellow, purple, and purple passed into position 2 and orange passed into position 3, then blue would slide left to make room for the purple marker and yellow would slide right to make room for the orange marker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Joakley815 wrote:
...if the initial order was orange, blue, yellow, purple, and purple passed into position 2...

So using your example, if in the case only purple was to move to position 2, this creates a space in position 4, the only way to move the pieces for purple to be in 2nd place is by shifting blue and yellow right one step each to the right while there isn't any space for orange (and blue) to move step to the left. Hence the next turn sequence is orange, purple, blue, yellow?

Using the same example, with this time its the orange that wants a position 2, in which a space in position 1 is created. The only way to move the pieces for purple to be in 2nd place is by shifting blue one step to the left while it's impossible to shift blue, yellow and purple to the right.

Am I correct so far?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Oakley
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cowseye wrote:
Joakley815 wrote:
...if the initial order was orange, blue, yellow, purple, and purple passed into position 2...

So using your example, if in the case only purple was to move to position 2, this creates a space in position 4, the only way to move the pieces for purple to be in 2nd place is by shifting blue and yellow right one step each to the right while there isn't any space for orange (and blue) to move step to the left. Hence the next turn sequence is orange, purple, blue, yellow?

Correct.

cowseye wrote:
Using the same example, with this time its the orange that wants a position 2, in which a space in position 1 is created. The only way to move the pieces for purple orange to be in 2nd place is by shifting blue one step to the left while it's impossible to shift blue, yellow and purple to the right.

Am I correct so far?

I think you incorrectly typed purple and meant orange (where I marked in your quote). If that was your intent, then this is also correct. If only orange passed (and into position 2), then the new order would be blue, orange, yellow, purple.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is actually pretty simple and clear during a game when you have to do it. I agree it can be hard to visualize from the rulebook, but once you play it will make sense because the other players can only really move one way typically. Basically just ask yourself, can I push the other player piece(s) left or right? Because there is typically only one answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vital Lacerda
Portugal
Oeiras
flag msg tools
designer
2010 - Vinhos, 2012 - CO2, 2014 - kanban, 2015 - The Gallerist, hopefully: 2016 - Lisboa, 2017 - A Colony in Mars, 201? - Escape plan
mbmbmbmbmb
This is very simple.
Reserve the position where you want to play next turn, placing your piece at the bottom row. Then, in the begining of the turn, occupy that position in the top row adjusting the other players pieces without changing their relativce position in turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trevor Schadt
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a simple way to do it:

1) Move all the player markers in the top row up above the turn order track, keeping their relative order but collapsing any empty slots.
2) Move all the player markers in the bottom row up to the top row, not changing their position. (So, if someone was in spot #2 in the bottom row, they go into spot #2 in the top row even if spot #1 is empty.)
3) In order from left to right, move each of the player markers that are above the turn order track into the empty positions.

Example: Current order is #1 Orange (O), #2 Blue (B), #3 Purple (P), #4 Yellow (Y). P passes as their action and moves to slot #2 on the bottom row. O passes as their action and moves to slot #3 on the bottom row.

After the round, B (slot 2) and Y (slot 4) are still on the top row; P (slot 2) and O (slot 3) are on the bottom row.

Move B and Y up above the turn marker track, keeping B to the left of Y.

Move P into slot 2 on the top row, and O into slot 3 on the top row.

Slot 1 is empty, so fill that with the leftmost marker that is still above the turn track (B).

Slot 4 is empty, so fill that with the leftmost marker that is still above the turn track (Y).

Turn order is now B, P, O, Y.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Chew
msg tools
mb
Thank you to all. I am much clearer now. And to Vital, looking forward to your next game Lisboa on my shelf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.