Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Deadpool Takes Over the Game Mat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I have been working on a custom game mat, and I think I have it finally where I want it. So I thought would share it here to see what all you fine people thought...

I had a layout I liked, but was struggling with a theme. I even found a piece of artwork, I liked, to use for the background. As I was making what I thought were some final tweaks, Deadpool stepped onto my screen and started yelling at me. He was pissed because he was not in the picture. He was out of control. The next thing I knew, he had taken over my brand new game mat. Every time I tried to remove him, he just came back. So after what felt like forever fighting with him, I just gave in, and let him stay on the board.

EDITs:
1. Updated with latest version, sized for printing at InkedGaming.com
2. Added a small format version, also sized for printing at InkedGaming.com

Large Mat:

Small Mat:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bird
United States
Greensboro
NC - North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Events?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Oh, yea... Guess I should explain that.
@Drashia created a game modification for city events.
You can find it here:
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1029582/my-eventful-city-ne...

I created his cards and started using them. We don't play with them all the time, but they add an interesting twist that we employ once in a while. We also like to use the space above to put captured bystanders and heroes, plus any other city space modifications that schemes may call for. It makes it easier to see everything in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Duane Banzon
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Events are a new homebrew type. Interesting for what it is. Locations, too, can be interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Fletcher
msg tools
Very nice work.

Did you get a board printed up? Where? How much? How did it turn out?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
I have not had it printed yet.
I have some cards that I am ordering from Printer's Studio, and will be ordering this at the same time. Cost for the custom mat will be $40. I will probably place the order in the next couple days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Well, I could not leave well enough alone, and I modified the design. I have two versions I am trying to decide between, so I thought I would post them up for comments

Edit: I added a 3rd option, with transparency and a fade to black added to the modifier section.

Option 1

Option 2

Option 3

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Fletcher
msg tools
2. Is. Awesome.

Though I think the blank spaces in the Modifiers section seem a little out of place. I have no idea what images might fit in there, but I think it needs something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
Fletch_smf wrote:
2. Is. Awesome.

Though I think the blank spaces in the Modifiers section seem a little out of place. I have no idea what images might fit in there, but I think it needs something.

If it were faded like the backgrounds to the outside spots, it would look even better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
jnowak415 wrote:
Fletch_smf wrote:
2. Is. Awesome.

If it were faded like the backgrounds to the outside spots, it would look even better.

Thanks. Great suggestion.
I added a 3rd option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nowak

Ann Arbor
Michigan
msg tools
mbmbmb
sl33p3r wrote:
jnowak415 wrote:
Fletch_smf wrote:
2. Is. Awesome.

Thanks. Great suggestion.
I added a 3rd option.

I like that one the best. Really great work!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane Fletcher
msg tools
Number 3 is a winner. Very nice work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
Thanks everyone.
I updated the first post with the version I uploaded to inkedgaming.com for printing. I also added a small layout option.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.