Support:

Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb

PnP Download
When printing, select the option that prints on two/both sides (long edge of page) in your printer settings.

This is my entry for the 18 Card Microgame Contest 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G. Uitz
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Hide and Sneak - A Solitaire Game (18 Card Microgame Contest 2016)
Sounds interesting, but please choose a white or other light colored background for the cards to make them printer friendly.

Dark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C. L.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Re: [WIP] Hide and Sneak - A Solitaire Game (18 Card Microgame Contest 2016)
For the blank 18th card, how about a marker to to mark the spot defined by the coordinates you generate each turn? I believe you are allowed to cut up the cards in this contest, so you could create a marker. A standee would be nice...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: [WIP] Dungeon Flip (Solitaire Game) - Components Ready! {18 Card Microgame Contest 2016}
Since I had the art assets I tweaked the theme from dungeon thieves/guards to dungeon heroes/monsters.

The game is now components ready!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Windischer
Austria
Innsbruck
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't understand the "Print on both side - Flip pages on long edge".
Every printer is different and mine for example doesn't have this option. It wouldn't be a problem but I don't know what backs goes on which card.
Flipping on the long edge would mean that there is 1 green hero with the game title on its back, 1 green hero with the game content on its back, 1 blue hero has a treasure on its back and so on. This doesn't make so much sense for me.

I guess that the back of the green hero is the other green hero? And the backs of the treasures and monsters are all empty dungeons? That leaves 6 cards which have an empty dungeon on both sides. Am I correct? Does it matter which side of the empty dungeons is showing at the setup?

But on the other hand that means that there are alwaya exactly 2 heroes showing, thus "If there are ever more face-up monsters than heroes, you lose!" makes no sense.

And another question: When I flip 2 cards, may I first flip the first card, and then decide which second card I choose, or do I have to decide before flipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
The card file is now fixed and updated in the OP. Most printers should have a "print two/both sides" option. Otherwise, you can print page 1 and 3 separately and then manually put those pages back into the printer and print off page 2 and 4. Page 1 is front, page 2 is the back to page 1, page 3 is front, and page 4 is the back to page 3.

You are correct on all accounts. No, it doesn't matter which side the empty dungeon rooms start on, they technically don't have a face down/face up side.

There are 4 monsters and 2 double-sided heroes in the game. If 3/4 of the monsters are face up, 3 > 2 so you lose.

You swap both, then flip both.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Great art - I'll have to give this a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Thanks. I am trying to contact the artist again to create 4 unique heroes (paladin, cleric, wizard, thief) and door for the cardback.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Predrag Stevanovic
msg tools
JewellGames wrote:
Thanks. I am trying to contact the artist again to create 4 unique heroes (paladin, cleric, wizard, thief) and door for the cardback.

This looks very nice and fun and i'm wandering if it would be ok to ask him to do 2 female characters. I have two nieces (5 and 7 years old) and i think older one would like this one. (she likes 'Dungeon in a Tin' and she recently beat me in Catch the Lion!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregg Jewell
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Yes! I precisely asked him for 2/4 to be female in the email but no reply yet.

In the meantime, I have change the hero to keys since YOU are the hero exploring the dungeon anyway. This has been reflected in the latest pnp file.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JK
New Zealand
flag msg tools
designer
Looks great Gregg! Sort of a 2-D Flip 9.

Will try it out this weekend!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Tuck
England
LONDON
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Had some time to give this a play.

Nice clear rules and, as I mentioned before, great art.

Probably took around 5 minutes to complete each game (I played 3 times).

I feel I should be tracking the number of turns I take, so that I have a score to aim to beat.

I enjoyed it as a quick, light puzzler/memory game (I've yet to try the Heroic variant).

Good luck in the contest!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Rees
South Korea
Daegu
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going to say that I was a little confused at first blush, but the game does seem to be pretty fun and simple. I'm wonderring how I can teach it to my nephews (who don't speak much English).

I'm really bad at memory games, and when it comes to swapping face-down cards that may be monsters, and keeping track of where they are...oh the headache.

The most difficult part was when revealing a monster, trying to remember which two were flipped that turn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.