Hanabi» Forums » Strategy

Subject: 2 player Multicolor puzzle 3 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
ben small
Australia
flag msg tools
History is:

All piles are up to number 3 except red is not started. And Green up to G2. Nothing yet discarded. New cards come in on the left.

Ann clues Bob 1x1.
Bob plays R1.
Ann discards R3.
Bob clues Ann 3 on chop 3.
Ann clues Bob 4x5.
Bob discards Y4.
Ann plays chop Green 3.

What would you expect the next 3 moves to be? hands now look like:

Ann R2 Y5 B2 W5 G4
Bob x5555

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb Effinger
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
smallman wrote:
History is:

All piles are up to number 3 except red is not started. And Green up to G2. Nothing yet discarded. New cards come in on the left.

Ann clues Bob 1x1.
Bob plays R1.
Ann discards R3.
Bob clues Ann 3 on chop 3.
Ann clues Bob 4x5.
Bob discards Y4.
Ann plays chop Green 3.

What would you expect the next 3 moves to be? hands now look like:

Ann R2 Y5 B2 W5 G4
Bob x5555

I guess I feel like I'm missing information here - I don't understand the play to date

Ann clues bob 1x1 (sure)
Bob plays R1 (Why? Why didn't Bob clue Ann about her two threes, which matched the two threes that needed to be played, in the order that allows her to play one of them and hold the other? I have to assume 0 clues tokens?)
Ann discards the R3 (well, ya, I guess it wasn't clued)
Bob clues Ann on chop 3 (better late than never? Depending on what happened before, though, I'd probably assume it's the duplicate R3)
Ann clues Bob 4x5 (gotta do what you gotta do.. also this means my previous assumption of 0 clue tokens was incorrect)
Bob discards Y4 (Wait, what? Why wasn't this clued instead of the 4x5? Ann only had 1 clue token?)
Ann plays chop 3 (Why is she assuming it's green, and not the duplicate R3? Bob must have just drawn the R3?)

So what happens in the next 3 moves is a mystery to me. I don't know how many clue tokens we have, and I don't quite understand the assumptions that Ann and Bob are operating under.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ben small
Australia
flag msg tools
Although I can see valid reasons for your questions it would just make this more complicated and irrelevant. Everything before Ann playing chop 3 was just to setup the table correctly. You can assume full clues.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.