Subject: Place within the zone rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hey
Since your position in the zone does matter I have few questions regarding that.

1. At the start of his move:
- can a model move within his zone for free,
- than make a jump,
- than again for free move anywhere within the zone (beyond the jump range).
The movemenet example with Chaplain suggests that the later free move after the jump is ok, but I'm not sure about the one before the jump.

2. Both Terminator and Librarian are in te same zone. Libra is in the assault range and Termie in the combat range. Can you target the Terminator if your weapon is better at combat range?
(f.e. Hybrids with granades)

3. A Marine model stands in the middle of the zone. You can move to the enemy occupied zone, but cannot leave it. Still when moving into the zone, I can move past the marine and end up on the farther end of the zone.

[] zone
o empty space
H hybrid model
M marine model
> move from one zone to another

[H]>[oMo]
with such a move I can end up with either of the two
[o][HMo]
[o][oMH]

4. And finally just to be sure:
Libra Quickening effect gives him possibility to perform up to 4 attacks at 4 different targets (if he surives the Hybrid attack phase).
i.e. it doesn't double up his dice for the normal 2 attacks per round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
muk83 wrote:

1. At the start of his move:
- can a model move within his zone for free,
- than make a jump,
- than again for free move anywhere within the zone (beyond the jump range).
The movemenet example with Chaplain suggests that the later free move after the jump is ok, but I'm not sure about the one before the jump.

The rules say that during your movement phase you can freely move models within their zones to allow other friendly models to enter, so you can constantly jiggle people around. Also, when you move, you can place your model anywhere within the zone.

2. Both Terminator and Librarian are in te same zone. Libra is in the assault range and Termie in the combat range. Can you target the Terminator if your weapon is better at combat range?
(f.e. Hybrids with granades)

Blast weapons like grenade launchers target a ZONE, not a model, and the rules say you have to measure the shortest distance. So, in this case, you would attack both models at assault range.

3. A Marine model stands in the middle of the zone. You can move to the enemy occupied zone, but cannot leave it. Still when moving into the zone, I can move past the marine and end up on the farther end of the zone.

[] zone
o empty space
H hybrid model
M marine model
> move from one zone to another

[H]>[oMo]
with such a move I can end up with either of the two
[o][HMo]
[o][oMH]

You can position a model anywhere within a zone it moves to.

4. And finally just to be sure:
Libra Quickening effect gives him possibility to perform up to 4 attacks at 4 different targets (if he surives the Hybrid attack phase).
i.e. it doesn't double up his dice for the normal 2 attacks per round.

It allows him to "attack twice" in each combat phase. So, you can pick separate targets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers. 27 more models to glue and I'm ready for my first mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
mbmbmbmbmb
muk83 wrote:
Thanks for the answers. 27 more models to glue and I'm ready for my first mission.

Cool. Don't be disheartened if mission one is a cakewalk for the marines. Things don't stay that way for long
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal U
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've heard that it's really hard for the Cult. I'll be playing this with my 8 year old son and since English is not our native language, he will get the marines. Hopefully this will give the bugs a little edge

(only autogun hybrids left to glue)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.