Pax Renaissance» Forums » Organized Play

Subject: New PBEM Game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
I received the game, rules read, ready to play this new game! Would you like to join?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd be up for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
Life and death come and go like marionettes dancing on a table. Once their strings are cut, they easily crumble.
badge
What we see now is like a dim image in a mirror. Then we shall see face to face.
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's get at least to 3, and then we can start playing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't receied the game yet, but give me 3-4 weeks and I'll be ready for your next PBeM.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_gamster wrote:
I haven't receied the game yet, but give me 3-4 weeks and I'll be ready for your next PBeM.

You would be welcome in this upcoming game too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No one else?

I guess we could play in two, but I would definitely better in three.

Can we convince you with some bacon, or ? laugh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgoneion wrote:
No one else?

I guess we could play in two, but I would definitely better in three.

Can we convince you with some bacon, or ? laugh

I just got the game today! Earlier than expected. On my table playing solo now. The bad news is the complexity level is high - can't get it to click yet. I'll need some more time before I join in a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One whole game and you'll be good to go. To play well, on the other hand, that's an other story...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I'm ready to go! Just spent a couple of hours running through a game. Can't promise you I'll present any sort of challenge though...and I may have a few rules kinks too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_gamster wrote:
Ok, I'm ready to go! Just spent a couple of hours running through a game. Can't promise you I'll present any sort of challenge though...and I may have a few rules kinks too.

Cool! Has anyone got some experience with the vassal module? I tried to create the decks but the comet came up too early somehow...

As for the administrative stuff, how about Vassal + Dropbox?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fine with me, I'll download the module tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgoneion wrote:
Cool! Has anyone got some experience with the vassal module? I tried to create the decks but the comet came up too early somehow...

Having had a look at it, I think you create the initial 14 card deck (inc the comets) and move it onto the 'forming deck' space which will shuffle them. Move the deck off of that space and then add the additional cards on top.

Everything else looks standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RAVENBURG wrote:
Gorgoneion wrote:

Having had a look at it, I think you create the initial 14 card deck (inc the comets) and move it onto the 'forming deck' space which will shuffle them. Move the deck off of that space and then add the additional cards on top.

Everything else looks standard.

I did that, but in a couple of occasions the deck showed comets early.

My solution now is to create a 4xnumber_of_players deck, play with those, and when they run out, create the 14 card deck with both comets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich James
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What should work is you right click the deck and specify 12 cards to draw. Then drag those to the working pile. Then add the two comet cards to that. This will shuffle them in. Then right click that 14 card deck and specify that you want to draw 14 cards. Then drag those to the map in the correct East/West position. Then, repeat, selecting 4 x number of players to draw from the source pile and add those on top of the map deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Who will be Fugger = 1custom3{Piero;Richard;Adam} -> ( Richard) -> ( Richard)

Who will be Medici = 1custom2{Piero;Adam} -> ( Piero) -> ( Piero)

Adam will be Marchionni

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
  • [+]
  • 984722. Gorgoneion
  • 1custom3{Piero;Richard;Adam} =
  • ( Richard) =
  • ( Richard)
  • Fugger =
  • Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:09 pm
  • [+]
  • 984724. Gorgoneion
  • 1custom2{Piero;Adam} =
  • ( Piero) =
  • ( Piero)
  • Medici =
  • Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:12 pm
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I have added the setup file to the Dropbox folder I have shared with you.

Richard you are first, so I gave you three florins, I got four, finally Adam you have five.

I'll be away for the WE so Richard you have time to do your turn. I will do mine as soon as I am back home.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fugger first turn complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got back home today!

File uploaded! Marchionni next!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Completed my first turn - haven't used Vassal/DB in a while, hope that went OK. Realised I signed in as my name, not Marchionni. Will try to sign in next time as Machionni.

Also, we're alerted when Dropbox has new files - don't need to confirm turn here?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
red_gamster wrote:
Completed my first turn - haven't used Vassal/DB in a while, hope that went OK. Realised I signed in as my name, not Marchionni. Will try to sign in next time as Machionni.

Also, we're alerted when Dropbox has new files - don't need to confirm turn here?

I like to write my general impressions here. Is there anything wrong in using this forum to communicate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgoneion wrote:
red_gamster wrote:

I like to write my general impressions here. Is there anything wrong in using this forum to communicate?

Somehow I had this message at the back of the skull all day. I didn't want to come across as aggressive. I replied on the fly through my phone.

What I meant is that this medium is good as any other, so should we decide for a different place where to post communications, it would be fine for me.

That said, I'm not receiving notifications of the Dropbox files being uploaded. blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gorgoneion wrote:
That said, I'm not receiving notifications of the Dropbox files being uploaded. blush

Well then, I better let you know that it's your turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Deverell
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't realise the expansion was mixed in as well - I haven't received it yet. Apostasy was a shock!

Also, not sure I'm running Vassal correctly, as when I begin a logfile, the previous player's actions/dialogue still visible. Is the Fugger player seeing both our actions in my logfile, or just mine? Let me know if I'm saving the logfiles correctly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Piero
Italy
Florence
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm afraid I just realized now that it was my turn! Unfortunately I'm out of town, please bear with me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Hellsten
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your turn Piero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.