44.8% of Goal | left

Support:

Tea Mkheidze
Georgia
Georgia
flag msg tools
new user
Hello everyone,

I am implementing a voluntary project which aims to broaden skills with board games and plus create a mobile space, where will be an alternative way for spending free time.

So I am looking for board games, that can teach skills like decisions making, entrepreneurship, strategy, cooperation, leadership, time management, logical thinking, etc. so more so called soft skills.

I am looking for two age groups 12-17 and 18+.

Could you please suggest games for both age groups. Thank you very much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tobias R.
Switzerland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Concept is a fantastic game for teaching how to abstract things, to think outside the box, to get a bit of a feeling how diverse different persons are in their thinking and also to collaborate. It's suitable for almost all ages, starting with 7 or 8.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richie Freeman
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 Concept for the reasons mentioned above.

Also, it may be worth trying some co-op games to improve/work on certain things like leadership, teamwork and problem solving etc. Forbidden Island would probably be best for a younger audience and Forbidden Desert or Pandemic for the older bunch, although I don't think any one of these games would be too much for most people over the age of 13. Both the Forbidden games are dead cheap as well - a lot of game in a very reasonably priced box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Perfeito
United States
Safety Harbor
Florida
flag msg tools
First thing that came to my mind was Mancala. There are probably better games out there but, personally, when I was about the age you are looking at, I enjoyed it. Its simple, easy to teach and involves some basic addition, planning ahead and trying to deduce your opponents next move. You can probably find these mechanics in many abstract games so I'd suggest you take a look at some of the higher rated ones in that category but you can never go wrong with Mancala.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.