Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Berger
United States
Wadsworth
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
I do not see any Kickstarter exclusives on the page. I understand that the point of Kickstarter is to help get it made and whatnot. But I would need to open a Kickstarter to get help paying my credit card bill if I bought everything I wanted. Same for Feudum. Maybe CMON has just spoiled me with all of their exclusives? Or am I missing something and there are tons of exclusives?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastien Maire
France
St Jean de Moirans
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No exclusives, or almost not (we don't know what can come next to the already known SGs).
But main reason is that price when in retail will be much much higher... As it was for previous games like Gallerist or Vinhos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berger
United States
Wadsworth
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Even when factoring in almost $20 shipping?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bojan Brankov
Serbia
Novi Sad
Novi Sad
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For once I am glad there are no (apparent) exclusives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan
United States
Longwood
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, joining the Kickstarter is worth it simply to get the game a few months before it's official release. It's not going to be officially released until Essen 2017, which isn't until October, but Kickstarter backers should have it in June, which for me is before Dice Tower Con in early July, where I hope to play it almost daily.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David da Silva
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Caligula8 wrote:

Here is the math
If you pleged the $79 Version you will pay $96 in total (united states) if you wait for the retail and want the whole Kickstarter experience (like you said) with all strech goals you have to pay est. $130 or more
So you save 34 Dollars during the Kickstarter. Its up to you
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Crosby
Australia
Brisbane
Queensland
flag msg tools
The real XB
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The KS version ($79 plus shipping) includes all the stretch goals, which will be available after the KS for around $30 MRSP. The basic version of the game will have MRSP of $99.99.

It is of course possible you could get the base game less than MRSP. But it won't have the fancy stretch goals, unless you buy those as well.

Even with $36 shipping to Aus, I still think the value is there. I guess it's up to you to decide whether you need the stretch goals and thus whether there is value for you.

Edit: aaaand ninja'ed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Berger
United States
Wadsworth
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
The only KS SG that I want are the ones changing player boards, which would be in the retail edition. I care not for "fancy" wooden bits. That being said, I backed it. Thanks all!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Ruf
United States
Acworth
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the idea of needing exclusives to make it worth backing is a big part of the reason I don't back anything. I get that people want to feel special for helping out. But to me, the idea behind Kickstarter is to help fund a product that will be available to everyone. So the idea of backing to get stuff no one else can is against what Kickstarter is to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Case
England
Epsom
Surrey
flag msg tools
designer
https://www.facebook.com/amuse.ment.92
badge
mbmbmb
GoingTopShelf wrote:
For me, joining the Kickstarter is worth it simply to get the game a few months before it's official release. It's not going to be officially released until Essen 2017, which isn't until October, but Kickstarter backers should have it in June, which for me is before Dice Tower Con in early July, where I hope to play it almost daily.

Just thought your optimism needed to be enlarged and made bold to make it easier to find in late September 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Big Bad Lex wrote:
GoingTopShelf wrote:

Just thought your optimism needed to be enlarged and made bold to make it easier to find in late September 2017.

The Gallerist and Vinhos were both on time, hopefully Lisboa will follow suit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ponsonby Britt, OBE
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am personally more likely to back an Eagle-Gryphon game because they do not typically have Kickstarter exclusives. More often than not, their stretch goals and Kickstarter packs are available on their website once a game has gone retail (Taluva, Gallerist, and Vinhos come to mind). And I applaud them for that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first time participating in a Kickstarter campaign. I pledged for several reasons. I really like Vital Lacerda and the games he makes. I really like Ian O'Toole's artwork and I like the excellent quality game components and trays that EGG produce amongst other little details that stand out from the rest of the publishers/distributors. They claim that they compensate the creators of the games better than other publishers so I vote with my wallet to support that claim.

My wife is causing a fuss with all the games I already have (I don't have that many whistle) so I have to be selective in the games that I own. The Gallerist, Kanban, CO2 and Vinhos (2010) were a hit with my family and friends and I am pretty certain Lisboa will as well.

I agree that the shipping is on the more expensive side and I wonder what courier service they are using as I would imagine that they should be able to get a bulk discount to send out to their international partners.

I don't own Vinhos Deluxe but for Canadian comparisons the retail cost for the base game at BoardGameBliss is $105.99 CDN without KS Stretch Goals and a whopping $171.99 CDN with KS Stretch Goals. For Canadians that pledged for Vinhos Deluxe, what did you end up paying during the KS campaign + additional hidden fees or add-ons tacked on later? Which postal service ended up sending your copy? Was it UPS, FedEx, Canada Post?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan M
Canada
Regina
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Canadian, the full all-content version of Vinhos Deluxe Kickstarter cost me about $134. The online price here right now is about $170 (for all expansion KS version). In speaking to my FLGS, they have a coy on order and they paid $150...which I'm hoping isn't US but may very well be.

Keep in mind, the price you pay includes all the stretch goals. These will not be available in the retail version of the game, and while not "exclusive" to KS, will end up being more money. So the base price is cheaper w KS and comes with all the stretch goals at no added cost.

So I think if you are interested in getting the game, get the KS. You likely won't find a better price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Caligula8 wrote:
Maybe CMON has just spoiled me with all of their exclusives? Or am I missing something and there are tons of exclusives?

This isn't a CMON campaign. Vital's games never have exclusives. You're less likely to find exclusives in Euro campaigns (Yokohama, Scythe, Vinhos) than Ameritrash. What they do have are promo's and expansions. The last Vinhos Deluxe campaign had something like $60 of promo packs that were included. We also guarantee ourselves a copy (anyone remember how difficult it was to get Gallerist for a while?) and that we'd get it before anyone else.

As a backer, I had both Gallerist and Vinhos deluxe before retail releases.

In short, this isn't the campaign for you. You'll be able to get everything at retail.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRebel wrote:
Caligula8 wrote:

Here is the math
If you pleged the $79 Version you will pay $96 in total (united states) if you wait for the retail and want the whole Kickstarter experience (like you said) with all strech goals you have to pay est. $130 or more

+1. I bought The Gallerist and the KS extras retail and paid about $25 more than Kickstarter backers did, even when factoring in shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LightRebel wrote:
Caligula8 wrote:

Here is the math

But you're assuming I'm going to pay retail. The game and the add-ons are supposed to be $130 MSRP. But at the OLGS I would expect the game to be about $65 and the add-on to be about $20 if they receive the usual discounts. So, I will likely pay more by doing the kickstarter.

That said, these are uncertain figures and so I am thinking it's going to be worth the extra $$$ to just kickstart it. And it will actually be a break-even deal if it ends up that I can grab it at Origins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ponsonbybritt wrote:
I am personally more likely to back an Eagle-Gryphon game because they do not typically have Kickstarter exclusives. More often than not, their stretch goals and Kickstarter packs are available on their website once a game has gone retail (Taluva, Gallerist, and Vinhos come to mind). And I applaud them for that.

I totally agree. I can't stand KS exclusives that people who find the game later cannot acquire. I really appreciate that EG makes them available, yet at a cost higher than what backers pay.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I cannot afford this game. Good luck, I hope it's good!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jmdiller wrote:
LightRebel wrote:
Caligula8 wrote:

Here is the math

But you're assuming I'm going to pay retail. The game and the add-ons are supposed to be $130 MSRP. But at the OLGS I would expect the game to be about $65 and the add-on to be about $20 if they receive the usual discounts. So, I will likely pay more by doing the kickstarter.

Check out the current online prices for Gallerist to get an idea of the discount you'll get on Lisboa.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maxime Belanger
Canada
Laval
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The other reason for me is that for exemple for Gallerist, the retail version was available around 6 months later than the kickstarter version
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I back because I would prefer more of my money go directly to lacerta and the publisher for making these great games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Savic
Canada
St.Catharines
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Cabralicus wrote:
This is my first time participating in a Kickstarter campaign. I pledged for several reasons. I really like Vital Lacerda and the games he makes. I really like Ian O'Toole's artwork and I like the excellent quality game components and trays that EGG produce amongst other little details that stand out from the rest of the publishers/distributors. They claim that they compensate the creators of the games better than other publishers so I vote with my wallet to support that claim.

My wife is causing a fuss with all the games I already have (I don't have that many whistle) so I have to be selective in the games that I own. The Gallerist, Kanban, CO2 and Vinhos (2010) were a hit with my family and friends and I am pretty certain Lisboa will as well.

I agree that the shipping is on the more expensive side and I wonder what courier service they are using as I would imagine that they should be able to get a bulk discount to send out to their international partners.

I don't own Vinhos Deluxe but for Canadian comparisons the retail cost for the base game at BoardGameBliss is $105.99 CDN without KS Stretch Goals and a whopping $171.99 CDN with KS Stretch Goals. For Canadians that pledged for Vinhos Deluxe, what did you end up paying during the KS campaign + additional hidden fees or add-ons tacked on later? Which postal service ended up sending your copy? Was it UPS, FedEx, Canada Post?

I think it was 150$ after everything, I can't remember how our dollar was though. Lisboa is pretty much the same price. Shitty CDN.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coren wrote:
jmdiller wrote:
LightRebel wrote:
Caligula8 wrote:

Here is the math

Check out the current online prices for Gallerist to get an idea of the discount you'll get on Lisboa.

Gallerist is on MM for $52. But anyway, no retailer is going to sell it for the MSRP, maybe your FLGS. For sure it will be cheaper than $99, it's just if you can get a copy or not before it sells out. only reason to back it is if you must absolutely have it when it first comes out. if you can wait, there's no point in doing the KS.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Cabral
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruazn2 wrote:
Gallerist is on MM for $52. But anyway, no retailer is going to sell it for the MSRP, maybe your FLGS. For sure it will be cheaper than $99, it's just if you can get a copy or not before it sells out. only reason to back it is if you must absolutely have it when it first comes out. if you can wait, there's no point in doing the KS.

The Gallerist has never been in stock at MM. It has been in perpetual pre-order since it has been initially posted. I don't think that MM is an approved OLGS by EGG.

I have seen The Gallerist for cheaper at Meeplemart for a short time before it sold out. Conversely, I haven't seen Vinhos Deluxe in stock or available to order anywhere other than BoardGameBliss in Canada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.