Subject: when exactly are you allowed to fire workers? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
so obviously you can do it at the end of every year (returning them from their job tile to their home tile). But it seems there are some circumstances where you can do it during the year as well, correct?

Are these the only times when it's allowed to do so (and in fact, are these even allowed)?

when i upgrade a building with a worker, the worker on that building is sent home immediately?

when i raze a building with a worker, that worker is sent home immediately?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Funk
United States
Springfield
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On workers on razed buildings - Page 14:

If you raze a Building with a Worker present, the Worker becomes unemployed and returns, as a normal Colonist, to his Residence. You may activate the new Building immediately (but you may have to pay the Sustenance cost, see page 16).

On upgrading - Page 15:

From Era II onward, you may remodel other types of Buildings as well, replacing them with stronger versions of themselves (e.g., so they can generate or store more goods). The stronger versions, however, require a
“better” type of Worker be employed. This in turn renders the previous Worker unemployed, so he returns to his Residence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Annemarie Post
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So when you raze or upgrade you can send your workers back home during the year. Important to note that you can also raze buildings if there is still place on your player board.

I can't think of other moments when you would be allowed to take a worker back. It's e.g. not allowed when you would want to upgrade a farm to a flat but don't have any unemployed workers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Ham
Malta
Marsalforn
Gozo, Malta
flag msg tools
CLICK THIS BEAGLE if you're looking for in-depth gameplay video run-throughs! :)
mbmbmbmbmb
Cool, then I read it right!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Okolica
United States
Washington Township
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Anny48 wrote:

I can't think of other moments when you would be allowed to take a worker back. It's e.g. not allowed when you would want to upgrade a farm to a flat but don't have any unemployed workers.

Cute, though. I hadn't thought about razing the Forest House he's working at so he comes home and I can (with another action) upgrade the farm to a flat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Avers
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Butterfly0038 wrote:
Cute, though. I hadn't thought about razing the Forest House he's working at so he comes home and I can (with another action) upgrade the farm to a flat.
Though, if I read the rules correctly. you can only raze something if you intend replace it immediately. We haven't actually needed to raze yet in our games, but the more we play, the more opportunities we see where it could be very useful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.