Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After several plays I finally decided to paint the figures. Nothing special, but I'm looking forward to using them the next play through.

Enjoying the game a lot!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They look pretty good. Got any clearer closer pics?

I'm curious as to if they make them look a bit better on the table. For the price of the game, the figures, pawns, tokens (I refuse to call them models), were unfortunately the biggest letdown of the game to me. Cool to see someone trying to make something of them though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Bleys
Belgium
Antwerp
flag msg tools
designer
mb
TheJoat wrote:
After several plays I finally decided to paint the figures. Nothing special, but I'm looking forward to using them the next play through.

Enjoying the game a lot!

That. Is. Awesome. surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Smith
United States
Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These look great! It's amazing how a nice paint job can show how the minis really are pretty detailed and thematic. I've been thinking of painting just the Scientists to aid with finding them on the board.

The same discussion of "poor" miniatures was happening in the Defenders of the Last Stand threads. Then some pics of painted minis were posted and most everyone thought they looked amazing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Chandler
United States
Burke
VA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
They look pretty good. Got any clearer closer pics?

I'm curious as to if they make them look a bit better on the table. For the price of the game, the figures, pawns, tokens (I refuse to call them models), were unfortunately the biggest letdown of the game to me. Cool to see someone trying to make something of them though.

Thanks, but I'm afraid that if I took closer pics that I'd get laughed out of here. whistle
Well, maybe not, but I sure don't do "close up quality" work. My goal is to make them look pretty good when viewed while playing; I'm rather pleased how much better they look painted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Wise
United States
Tupelo
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was really bummed how they shipped them. They designed a really nice insert for the miniatures then they put the miniatures into a bag and shoved them into a corner of the box. Most of mine were bent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Breckenridge
United States
Richmond
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aspiringloser wrote:
I was really bummed how they shipped them. They designed a really nice insert for the miniatures then they put the miniatures into a bag and shoved them into a corner of the box. Most of mine were bent.

Drop them into hot and then cold water and they should be ok.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.