Attack on Titan: Deck-Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Question on dealing damage to certain archenemy titan rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
deltazechs delta
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Hi, a quick question here. So you have cards like flintlock and canons that can deal damage to archenemy titans. Some of them like deviant titans seems to require you having a minimum amount of move points generated before you can deal damage to them.

So if I draw a hand where I have cards like flintlock and canons, but have no cards with MOVE keywords, then that archenemy titan is invulnerable to the effects of those cards, if I understand correctly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathaniel Yamaguchi
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Ludwig
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
This seems odd to me, I assumed the direct damage cards supersede the ongoing affect. Basically I assumed you only needed the MOVE cards to ATTACK the Titan (use power for damage) while the cards like Cannon and Flintlock can still do damage.

If I'm wrong on this, than I did see a workaround. The cards that say you need MOVE to do damage say "In this space" where as Cannon and Flintlock Rifle both say they do damage in a DISTRICT. This means you could use the cards on the INSIDE of the wall to still do damage. This is why I assumed it would also work on the OUTSIDE of the wall, but I can kind of see how this is intended to be a work around.

Can I get a ruling that my workaround is correct?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hyra
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Hard to load and fire a black powder weapon while a Titan is on top of you. Your workaround is correct. Those Titans only restrict damage coming at them from within their space. The rifle and cannon inside the wall get around that.

Thanks,
Matt Hyra
Cryptozoic R&D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy Ludwig
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Matt Hyra wrote:
Hard to load and fire a black powder weapon while a Titan is on top of you.

I like that answer from a thematic standpoint. Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.