Popular Tags: [View All]
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
Why were we not in the movie?
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I posted this on the card's page but thought the question would get more visibility here. Can someone give a better explanation as to how this card works exactly than what's given in the description on the page please?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You'll get a better response if you write the card's text. That way, we don't have to go search our box for it.

Edit: The answer is word-for-word in the description of the card on the BGG page...

Quote:
The building card enables you to recruit a new character at the end of the round, when the card is added to your village.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, does that mean when you have the card in your village you can recruit a new villager at the end of the round? Is this a free recruitment? That's not clear. If it isn't then I see no advantage to having the card, but perhaps I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Cohn
United States
Racine
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suspect you would still need to pay for the recruitment action.

I see this being "you get one additional recruitment action without needing a feather". Otherwise getting a free adventurer each turn for 7 turns might be a bit much?

Quote:
The building card enables you to recruit a new character at the end of the round, when the card is added to your village.

Note it does not say 'free', only that the owner is able to recruit at the end of the round. Now...is that before or after the new recruits for thecround are flipped over and displayed? Hmmm...

Great game!
~Steve
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe you are right in that you still need a villager to recruit (Train). 4 coins to be able to train without a feather once per round strikes me as too high. I doubt I would ever buy it unless it allows, as you suggested, recruitment after new villagers are placed on the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Walker
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My take is you have to choose from what's left, prior to refreshing the recruits. The icon on the card indicates that the card can be activated once the round marker is moved. Moving the round marker is step one in the "end of round" sequence in the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeff, that makes perfect sense, but if that's the case and what Steve says is true too (which also makes perfect sense) then what puzzles me is what advantage does this card give? What am I missing?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Walker
Canada
Burnaby
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The advantage would be you don't need to exhaust a villager to recruit. This game has hit our table many times and it's been pretty rare (even in 4-player sessions) that every player recruits on the same round. Most often only one or two recruits are taken, as people are focusing on adventures or buildings. I can see this might be a decent card in combo with one that puts recruits straight to active or the building that gives you 2VP/villager at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bernie Roessler
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that would place Steve and you in disagreement (see above). I guess we'll have to wait until the official rules are posted somewhere to get the final answer. What's on the BGG page right now is a bit vague to determine exactly how it works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.