Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I pre-ordered two copies on Nov. 2. They said it would ship 11/15 for delivery 11/17. As of 11/16 it hadn't shipped yet. I sent them an email and they replied that it was on backorder with a date of 12/31! I called them and first was told it would get to me by Thurs., obviously not true. So the deal is, whenever I get it, which will certainly be next year, I get a 50% discount. Whoopee.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
patrice lalet
France
Carcassonne
Aude
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
great anciens 's curse

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
Off topic

they screwed me too, I managed to order a nes classic edition. But they e-mailed me 3 days later saying the item is not in stock anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's kind of like the Reservations episode of Seinfeld; they're good at taking the pre-order, just not filling it. Don't you know the number you ordered from FFG and don't you stop taking pre-orders when you reach that number?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Virginia
msg tools
That surprises me. Amazon is generally fantastic with its preorders. In fact, my game arrived yesterday even though it wasn't expected to ship until Thursday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Claude Hemberger
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
It's kind of like the Reservations episode of Seinfeld; they're good at taking the pre-order, just not filling it. Don't you know the number you ordered from FFG and don't you stop taking pre-orders when you reach that number?

I believe FFG sent less boxes than what stores ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Curious when you placed your order. I placed mine on Nov 3rd and it is still showing as being delivered tomorrow, which seems unlikely as it has not shipped yet.

I don't want to question your leg work but are you sure that the Amazon rep understood you correctly and just didn't give the date listed for the collecTOYbles vendor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
lowplayercount.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
Don't you know the number you ordered from FFG and don't you stop taking pre-orders when you reach that number?

It's like that episode of Parks & Rec where Ron Swanson orders "all the bacon and eggs" at a diner, being sure to point out he doesn't mean a lot of bacon and eggs, but rather all the bacon and eggs. In this scenario, Amazon orders all the bacon and eggs, not realizing that other people have also ordered bacon and eggs, and so they get as many bacon and eggs as possible but, unfortunately, not all of them.

@OP The later your pre-order, the less likely it is to be filled. I'd say a Nov. 3 pre-order is incredibly late considering how long we've known about this and that it was expected in October. Amazon didn't screw you, this is just how things go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CaveHinds wrote:
That surprises me. Amazon is generally fantastic with its preorders. In fact, my game arrived yesterday even though it wasn't expected to ship until Thursday.

Yes they are, but I haven't received any indication my preorder shipped from them and I submitted it on 10/28. I'll certainly update in this thread if I hear otherwise, but I'm beginning to think I'm not getting a copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Virginia
msg tools
Phantom Load wrote:
CaveHinds wrote:

Yes they are, but I haven't received any indication my preorder shipped from them and I submitted it on 10/28. I'll certainly update in this thread if I hear otherwise, but I'm beginning to think I'm not getting a copy.

Just for reference, I placed my order on 10/27.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
clip611 wrote:
Curious when you placed your order. I placed mine on Nov 3rd and it is still showing as being delivered tomorrow, which seems unlikely as it has not shipped yet.

I don't want to question your leg work but are you sure that the Amazon rep understood you correctly and just didn't give the date listed for the collecTOYbles vendor.

Ordered Nov. 2. Been showing a ship date of 11/15, arrival of 11/17. It ain't going to happen. I hate to think they filled them in alphabetical order!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
assuming that Amazon themselves actually sell the product.. which is less and less these days with more businesses selling *through* Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Virginia
msg tools
I have noticed that there is a delay with Amazon selling any just released products from FFG. I assume it's because of Asomdee.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Rob
United States
Ft. Lauderdale
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered Nov 1. Amazon says it hasn't shipped but will arrive "Tuesday."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Is why I never order games, of any kind on amazon.

support your FLGS or order it direct from FFG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Jones
United States
Lagrange
KY
flag msg tools
mbmb
I was worried about this exact same thing happening with my order. I ordered two copies, one on October 28th and one on November 2nd. Both show that they are "shipping soon" and will be delivered on the 17th. I've had things ship late at night and show up the next day, but not very often.
Just got off chat with a rep, he confirmed that they are in the process of packing them and that they are still on track to be delivered tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hoping that I at least get the copy that was ordered on the 28th, but I don't have high hopes even with the customer service rep's assurances.

Both of my orders were "shipped and sold from Amazon.com", not third party.

For reference, back at the end of August, I pre-ordered Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, and had to go into chat on the day it was supposed to be delivered because it hadn't shipped yet. They said there was an issue with the supply, and it would be a few extra days. I received it the next day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Count Ringworm
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

i note it doesn't say *which* tuesday!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So Amazon reps have no idea what the real answer is it seems.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jljone0 wrote:
Just got off chat with a rep, he confirmed that they are in the process of packing them and that they are still on track to be delivered tomorrow. I'll believe it when I see it. I'm hoping that I at least get the copy that was ordered on the 28th, but I don't have high hopes even with the customer service rep's assurances.

The only thing giving me hope is that at some point Amazon stopped taking pre-orders and availability switched back to the 3rd party vendors selling it for ridiculous prices. To me that suggests they were promised a certain number of copies. Perhaps Asmodee is scrambling around behind the scenes to get them more copies to ship.

If I didn't just get a copy of Roll Player from an online vendor weeks after it was sold out at retail I would probably be a bit more concerned. But I was told their shipment of the game was delayed from the distributor and I'd eventually get it.

Nothing left to do at this point but wait, I guess. Roll 1D10 SAN loss and hope for the best.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Howe
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I posted that sale in Hot Deals assuming Amazon would have it...but with a fair amount of trepidation and knowing full well this was severely under-printed. I ordered on Nov 1. and Amazon shows "Not yet shipped" and a delivery estimate of Nov 21 - Nov 28. I'll remain hopeful and in the meantime read the rules and watch videos for the gazillionth time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
scourn1 wrote:
Is why I never order games, of any kind on amazon.

support your FLGS or order it direct from FFG.

Except when FLGS drop your preorder, which is happened already based on other posts in this forum.

Support your OLGS, oh wait FFG doesn't like their great service and low prices. I wonder why?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered from FFG. I was hoping to use Amazon gift cards for this but I don't want to wait until 12/31.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Grant Green - Am I Blue? // Tina Brooks - True Blue // Buddy Guy - Damn Right, I've Got The Blues // Harold Land - West Coast Blues! // Sam McClain - Blues for the Soul // Oliver Nelson - Screamin' the Blues
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Old Man wrote:
I pre-ordered two copies on Nov. 3. They said it would ship 11/15 for delivery 11/17. As of 11/16 it hadn't shipped yet. I sent them an email and they replied that it was on backorder with a date of 12/31! I called them and first was told it would get to me by Thurs., obviously not true. So the deal is, whenever I get it, which will certainly be next year, I get a 50% discount. Whoopee.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but this really has nothing to do with the game. The folder for posting such things is here: Discussing Retailers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Williams
United States
Oceanside
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sphere wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, but this really has nothing to do with the game. The folder for posting such things is here: Discussing Retailers

Ah, the hall monitors are out today. I guess from the other responses, and similar tales, that there is an interest in this forum about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Milo Gertjejansen
United States
Hopkins
Minnesota
flag msg tools
~ >
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robrob wrote:

This photo illustrates a good point: the item is actually sold by Amazon. Not some 3rd party seller.

So anyone who pre-ordered will definitely be getting their game. Just maybe not on time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.