Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » General

Subject: No Survivor Previews? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Throughout the previews for The Dunwich Legacy, The Miskatonic Museum, and The Essex County Express FFG has had a few previews of new cards, but for whatever reason there hasn't been a single new Survivor/red card shown. Hell, in the investigator article posted yesterday we now know a fair amount of each new investigator EXCEPT the Survivor. Weird coincidence or do you think they're waiting to surprise us?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They want you to be excited for their next preview in two weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
youperguy wrote:
They want you to be excited for their next preview in two weeks.

It's working.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Haskell
United States
Springfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

That's how they become survivors -- they lay low.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Survivors - they're the new Mystics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Telling
msg tools
They didn't survive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fingers still crossed for Ashcan Pete. I suspect they are saving the Survivor and it's cards for their own article to build hype closer to the expansion's release. An Investigator will build hype way more than anything else. Perhaps many of the red cards feature that character on them so it would spoil the surprise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
The other four new investigators are all the opposite gender of their respective sphere's investigators in the Core Set, so I'm assuming the new Survivor will be a male investigator. Ashcan Pete has been suggested elsewhere, but that's just a guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Traxinger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Ashcan Pete would be sweet. Duke as an ally would be sweet. And Whiskey as a weakness would be sweet. Whiskey - 4 uses - You must spend an action using whiskey or suffer a horror. Discard whiskey once the uses are gone.

~Stay board
Wookietrax
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
That bottle of whiskey could tie up a hand slot (also maybe a couple of foot slots as well )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Traxinger
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Ha! Good idea. I hope it comes true.

~Stay board
Wookietrax

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a troll it would be if we all got excited about Ashcan Pete and instead they give us someone like Charlie Kane the politician. I'd play him all day though. He seemed like a cool guy from his story. I think that's Charlie on the spoiled Charisma card art. Also Bob Jenkins the Salesman would be funny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
What a troll it would be if we all got excited about Ashcan Pete and instead they give us someone like Charlie Kane the politician. I'd play him all day though. He seemed like a cool guy from his story. I think that's Charlie on the spoiled Charisma card art. Also Bob Jenkins the Salesman would be funny.

I'm a big Ashcan Pete fan, but - first of all it wouldn't be trolling because there has been zero information from FFG, and second of all, this game has made great use out of characters I wouldn't have expected to have strong personalities, like with Roland's Cover Up, and I would be perfectly happy to see what they came up with for Charlie or Bob or an entirely unfamiliar Investigator.

I do think Charlie peaked with Eldritch Horror - such a perfectly themed support character, wiring telegrams around the world and saving reality without getting up from his desk (except to bump into someone at a local bookstore or such). Yes, he will fight monsters and close portals every now and then, but it's more fun for being out of character, and relatively rare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think you took the statement about trolling more literally than I had intended. Bob was my favorite Arkham Horror investigator because I liked the idea of one of the guys from Mad Men looking around for ghosts. Probably drunk and belligerent. Occasionally offering up snide skeptical remarks to his fellow investigators.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emily Dickinson
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
phillosmaster wrote:
I think you took the statement about trolling more literally than I had intended. Bob was my favorite Arkham Horror investigator because I liked the idea of one of the guys from Mad Men looking around for ghost. Probably drunk and belligerent. Occasionally offering up snide skeptical remarks to his fellow investigators.

Not Bob! Bob's your buddy!

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1193756/thumbs/s-MAD-MEN-BOB-BENSO...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.