Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
timothy thomsen
United States
manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Huge sale going on for ALL Battlelore stuff at FFG website, it is part of their holiday sale.

Not sure if this indicates that Battlelore is indeed over, but I still hold out hope for the Elves expansion
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Browes
United Kingdom
London
Tooting
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My hunch is that it does mean the end, the FFG holiday sale does tend to look like 'where games go to die.'

Sad times, especially as I can't even take advantage of the sale to pick up the undead, thanks to the stupid Atlantic.

Off-topic, check out that eight page list of board games, some real bargains to be had!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Nors Jensen
Denmark
Kokkedal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just logged on to post the same info, most items are at 1/3 of the original price.

I think this is a cleanup of the inventory, and the end of BattleLore

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carthoris Pyramidos
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arthur Peterson
United States
Cane Ridge
TN
flag msg tools
mb
This is truly incredible. Battlelore is one of the best games in my collection, and there's nothing else like it.

How in the world could such an amazing game not succeed? It's accessible, deep, repayable, expandable, beautiful, quick-moving, fun--everything I want in a game. What is happening?

Somehow, someway, this is Trump's fault.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morgan King
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This is clearly then end for the game, it seems - those are closeout prices. A great time to pick up a great game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Site keeps crashing... angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garrett
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sad. I'm trying to keep myself from falling into the "game is dead" trap. I mean, I still have the game and it's still gonna play just fine. I don't need the game to be on shelves at the store in order to keep enjoying it.

But still, I can't help but feel a stronger pull toward RuneWars if BattleLore is really dead. I guess I'm hopeless. shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Budgernaut wrote:
I'm sad. I'm trying to keep myself from falling into the "game is dead" trap. I mean, I still have the game and it's still gonna play just fine. I don't need the game to be on shelves at the store in order to keep enjoying it.

But still, I can't help but feel a stronger pull toward RuneWars if BattleLore is really dead. I guess I'm hopeless. shake

No Latari Elves army sets I guess? soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
On the bright side some lucky buggers are going to get an awesome game for low low price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
timothy thomsen
United States
manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly, if the Runewars game is solid (which it really looks like it will be) I wont have too many issues transitioning over to that game. I am hoping that games gets enough support for multiple factions.

I really enjoyed painting Battlelore. To be honest, I have a lot left to paint still.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arash Sanari
msg tools
this is so fucking sad...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean D.
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Platon1 wrote:
this is so fucking sad...

I agree. I suppose that it hasn't sold very well, I can only imagine that these types of games are expensive to produce.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko J
Finland
Turku
flag msg tools
Battlelore 2e core box certainly feels generous if we ignore the dice Grumble grumble... I'm generally really weary of FFG's way to do expansions, it's probably the main reason I'm keeping my hands off Imperial Assault. Yet I've felt that the army packs for this game are great value that don't pinch my pennies as a consumer.

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if this sold less for smaller margins than Netrunner packs and Imperial Assault singles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damjan Makuc
Slovenia
Idrija
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sad, sad day. I still hope BL2e will go on. One of the best games ever!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Vilfroy
United States
Greeley
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yep FFG killing another great game. No elves or anything else will be released. Kinda suspected this would happen after no announcements after origins or any of the big gaming events.

Yep great deals for BL2 expansions if you don't have them...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Crane
United States
WASHOUGAL
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tomvilfroy wrote:
Yep FFG killing another great game. No elves or anything else will be released. Kinda suspected this would happen after no announcements after origins or any of the big gaming events.

Yep great deals for BL2 expansions if you don't have them...
You think they killed a game for no reason? It's clearly not selling so blame the customers not the company.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Clausing
United States
Winfield
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone find it funny that the 1st edition, which was killed by FFG, will likely be more complete than the 2nd edition?
The thought was that the 2nd edition would have many more levels races and be more complete when it was originally released.

FFG will likely release a Battlelore 3rd edition using the Star Wars franchise in 2017... only to kill it 2 years later.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Who has two thumbs and is getting everything (except the dragon, giant and razorwings) for $95?

<== This guy! <==
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan M
United States
Pleasant Hill
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a reason to get two of each Undead? Or will one of each give a comparable army to those in the base game (plus reinforcement pack)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D. Patton
United States
Myrtle Creek
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at least it greatly lowered the value of my BL2 stuff for possible trades. Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph Mode wrote:
Who has two thumbs and is getting everything (except the dragon, giant and razorwings) for $95?

<== This guy! <==

Wow, John. I so wish you lived closer so that we could play. I've been wanting to dive into this forever, but now I can't bring myself to do it if its not going to get more variety. That was what always held me back. I have the first edition and kept waiting for more races that never came and now its happening again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John E
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vetinari wrote:
Morph Mode wrote:

<== This guy! <==

Wow, John. I so wish you lived closer so that we could play. I've been wanting to dive into this forever, but now I can't bring myself to do it if its not going to get more variety. That was what always held me back. I have the first edition and kept waiting for more races that never came and now its happening again.

Yeah, for sure. I actually sold my first edition just a few months ago. Between the 3 armies, custom lore decks (as opposed to one common lore deck for 1st ed) and the varied set up options where each player provides half the battlefield I feel as though there is enough variety.

I'll just put it on my shelf next to all the Warhammer Diskwars stuff I already don't play with

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ridgway
United States
Fairfax Station
Virginia
flag msg tools
How much for the little game in the window?
badge
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Morph Mode wrote:
Vetinari wrote:
Morph Mode wrote:

<== This guy! <==

Yeah, for sure. I actually sold my first edition just a few months ago. Between the 3 armies, custom lore decks (as opposed to one common lore deck for 1st ed) and the varied set up options where each player provides half the battlefield I feel as though there is enough variety.

I'll just put it on my shelf next to all the Warhammer Diskwars stuff I already don't play with

If we do another gaming weekend at my place this year, you'll have to arrive a little early and bring it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.