Subject: Player interaction? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Pihl
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello.
I've read plenty of reviews and seen a couple of videos of this game. However, I have a hard time spotting any player interaction at all? It seems like there's almost less interaction, than in your standard euro-game (and that should be nearly impossiple ). Do you guys agree, or have I missed something?
Have a great evening.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathue Faulk
United States
Cedar Park
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a lot of indirect interaction. Building placement, timing of cattle deliveries, pacing, buying important cattle, picking up Station Master tiles, hazard and teepee placement, etc. All of those things matter more than you realize.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Hendrickson
United States
Seward
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mfaulk80 wrote:
There is a lot of indirect interaction. Building placement, timing of cattle deliveries, pacing, buying important cattle, picking up Station Master tiles, hazard and teepee placement, etc. All of those things matter more than you realize.

I'll second this. The actions in this game are quick and tight. In the blink of an eye the things you had planned on using or obtaining can be gone. There are no direct take-that actions, other than dropping a building right in front of another player, forcing them to pay you income. But it still feels like you are rubbing up against your competitors throughout the game.

Also, one of the worst things about multi-player-solitaire games is sitting and waiting while the other players take their turns. In this game the turns go very quickly, so that feeling of downtime is non-existent. Even though the game is long, it doesn't feel long. The experience is very engaging (for me, at least), because the momentum is constantly moving forward.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Pihl
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, thanks to both of you.
I did fear the multiplayer-solitary in what otherwise seems like a great game. I'll take your words, and buy the game tomorrow :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Beth Grube
United States
La Vista
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd love to get in on a gameplay of this with you guys in the near future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Lara

Germany
msg tools
mb
DrumPhil wrote:
mfaulk80 wrote:

I'll second this. The actions in this game are quick and tight. In the blink of an eye the things you had planned on using or obtaining can be gone. There are no direct take-that actions, other than dropping a building right in front of another player, forcing them to pay you income. But it still feels like you are rubbing up against your competitors throughout the game.

Also, one of the worst things about multi-player-solitaire games is sitting and waiting while the other players take their turns. In this game the turns go very quickly, so that feeling of downtime is non-existent. Even though the game is long, it doesn't feel long. The experience is very engaging (for me, at least), because the momentum is constantly moving forward.

Absolutely. You summarized the interaction perfectly!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.