Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ned Ludd
Canada
Surrey
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry for asking what probably been discussed, but there are almost 2,000 Forum posts and I kind of need the answer.

If it can't be played directly, can the first edition be modified with paste-ups or such?

Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Not even remotely.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Yang
Canada
Woodbridge
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I don't know the specific details, but I remember reading that the 2nd Edition can use some of the 1st edition components. So if you already have the 1st edition and then you buy the 2nd edition, your 1st game won't completely go to waste.

But if you are trying to avoid buying the 2nd edition but want to run the app and use your 1st edition game, then I don't recall seeing any indication that this can work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott LeBlanc
United States
Lyman
South Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It could be done similarly. It would take playing with a controller. They could use the explore tokens and search tokens to find items and build the map as it goes. It would be somewhat less emersive though. With some rule tweaking it could be done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
You really need the Second Edition Components, but the box includes a conversion kit so you can play scenarios from the 1st edition.

So get the Second Edition and you get a lot of stuff. The app on it's own will do nothing for the first edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hexis wrote:
You really need the Second Edition Components, but the box includes a conversion kit so you can play scenarios from the 1st edition.

This is incorrect. You cannot play 1st edition scenarios with 2nd edition. All the conversion kit does is let you use 1st edition monsters and investigators in 2nd edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Test Candidate (sans Deadly Neurotoxin)
badge
Warming up the deadly neurotoxin...
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe it's the 1st ed expansions? I have a whole list of extra scenarios from the 1st edition that are also available for the 2nd edition now. I have every box from the 1st ed tho, so it could be from more than just the core set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hexis wrote:
Maybe it's the 1st ed expansions? I have a whole list of extra scenarios from the 1st edition that are also available for the 2nd edition now. I have every box from the 1st ed tho, so it could be from more than just the core set.

Nope.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cameron McKenzie
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are 2nd edition scenarios that primarily use (and require) 1st edition components, but they are still new scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.