Popular Tags: [View All]
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi All

I think I might be being a bit dense ...but I am confused about the Archives building rule for putting out the map tiles in a two player game with dummy player it says "when playing with the dummy player variant, these tiles should be drawn 1 at a time and placed from top to bottom"

How is this any different from standard drawing four tiles and putting them out ...I am confused could some please explain to me what they mean ...is it one tile per round drawn ? Is it by value highest to lowest ?

If you place four tiles they will be placed top to bottom at side of building ...oh dear I am confused ...

Thanks

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Monroe
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Peisistratous wrote:
Hi All

I think I might be being a bit dense ...but I am confused about the Archives building rule for putting out the map tiles in a two player game with dummy player it says "when playing with the dummy player variant, these tiles should be drawn 1 at a time and placed from top to bottom"

How is this any different from standard drawing four tiles and putting them out ...I am confused could some please explain to me what they mean ...is it one tile per round drawn ? Is it by value highest to lowest ?

If you place four tiles they will be placed top to bottom at side of building ...oh dear I am confused ...

Thanks

Ric

Last page of the rulebook talks about what happens when the dummy player wins a building

Archives you discard the highest value tile. If there's a tie, you discard the one that came out first (or something along those lines).

So that's why it says to put them in a column next to the archives - in case 2 tiles are the same value and the dummy player wins it, you know which one to discard
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenrick Fearn
France
Ruffec
Charente
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason

Okay ...thanks for the answer ...it makes sense now ...I neglected to fully read the last page where the neutral players results are ...doh!

Cheers for answering so quickly much appreciated ...

Ric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.