Subject: New Components rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave evans
United Kingdom
iPSWICH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought Undercover at Essen - they took my name and address at the stand because, they said, the designer was not totally happy with the components and they would send me new ones.

I've played the game - with enjoyment - couldn't really understand what was wrong with the components.

Today I received a new set of punched cards. For the life of me I can't detect any difference from the ones I purchased.

I'm definitely not complaining - I now effectively have two copies of the game.

I am a little puzzled however - what was deemed wrong with the initial components?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Babis Giannios
Greece
Thessaloniki
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
As the designer himself explained to me and my friends, the tiles were prone to getting torn in the middle use by use.
Opened from corner to corner, like a banana

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Geiregat
Belgium
flag msg tools
Theoloc wrote:
As the designer himself explained to me and my friends, the tiles were prone to getting torn in the middle use by use.

Very true.

I also bought this game at Essen and it was a very nice gesture of the designer to admit the mistakes made and offer a way to replace the bad parts.

Today I received my replacement parts and I must also say there are zero differences. The new parts are just as "bad" as the old ones! A bit disappointed here.

Inside the package there was a letter coming from, not the publisher, but the factory producing the cardboards. So my guess is the factory was unable to produce any better parts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
eniac_g wrote:
Theoloc wrote:

Today I received my replacement parts and I must also say there are zero differences. The new parts are just as "bad" as the old ones! A bit disappointed here.

Inside the package there was a letter coming from, not the publisher, but the factory producing the cardboards. So my guess is the factory was unable to produce any better parts.

They may look identical, but they still live way longer. I can tell you, that they are of better quality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.