Subject: Crossing my fingers for everyone out there, because..... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

the excellent job that Jamey and co. did with organizing the packaging of the base game minis, and here I'm specifically referring to how they simply wedged a soft foam layer into the box to stop them falling out and around during shipping after noticing it in early version, seems not to have been continued for the expansion.

And as a result, mine that I picked up yesterday in Beijing China had a slightly broken mech

It'll be glued back in place with no problem, and will in no way be noticeable, so I have no need to ask for a replacement (Stonemaier have replaced a missing piece for me before), but I'm hoping this wasn't the case for everyone else, as mine didn't even have to travel far.

Was it just the China batch that didn't get the foam layer? Or has this happened elsewhere?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Renjie Zhou
Belgium
Baal (Tremelo)
Vlaams Brabant
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit happens. If you mail Jamey about it they will send out a replacement piece. They have pritty good costumer service.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, I don't need a replacement, and yes, they have excellent customer service in my experience.

I'd like to know if others receive theirs with the foam insert to hold the minis in place, or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pauly Paul
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saigetsu wrote:
Shit happens. If you mail Jamey about it they will send out a replacement piece. They have pritty good costumer service.

I feel like you didn't actually read Linda's post.

I haven't received mine yet. I'll report when I do if I remember. I'm holding it yo combine with other pre-orders to save on shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamey Stegmaier
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Linda: Thanks for your feedback. We actually tested out the expansion insert before production began, and what we found was that the mechs stayed in their slots if we taped the insert together. This made the foam unnecessary (compared to the base game, where there's a lot more stuff moving around in the box).

However, obviously that wasn't enough for your copy (and possibly others), and I'm sorry about that. It won't be a problem for the vast majority of miniatures. If some break and need to be replaced, we're to help. Glue also helps in some cases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Linda Chov
China
BEIJING
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Jamey for the reply. Here's hoping it doesn't trun into a larger problem, as ours really is not an issue, athough I'd say most of the mechs, if not all of them, were no longer where they should be.

Can't wait to play with them though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine showed up with mechs out of their spot as well, Jamey. No damage, so no big deal, just giving you a data point.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.