Popular Tags: [View All]
Kristi S
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi -
Just want to provide some info I wish I had had before pledging for a Golden Egg game. They haven't fulfilled pledges for the project, keep giving us excuses about multiple "lost" or "damaged" shipments to backers, and are avoiding communications and emails from concerned backers. Since experiencing this, I've found that this is a pattern with them, so buyer beware if you are considering backing any of their future projects.

Lots of cautionary tales - see forum threads relating to them:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgamepublisher/22763/golden-eg...

Look at the comments of just the most recent few of their KS:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451575426/prime-time-th...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451575426/rome-rise-to-...
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/451575426/airlines-gold...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pini Shekhter
Israel
Haifa
-- Select a State/Province --
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Beware of Golden Egg Games!!!F
Hi Kristi,

I am not working in GEG but I am the designer of this game. I looked at the links you posted and saw many people that are satisfied and some that are not.
As this is the first game that is going to be published I see your post as very aggressive. Anyone who doesn't click on the links will think they are full of hate, but they are not. You will see in them mostly backers and responses from Jason or GEG and a few haters.
You probably had a bad experience or just dislike someone, but it's not the general consensus.

In all of my heart I hope you will play my games and enjoy them

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
Australia
Coorparoo
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi Pini,

Perhaps you could then ask Elad to communicate with the backers on both of his kickstarter projects that he is currently ignoring?

Prime Time backers are still waiting on stretch goals to be delivered 10 months after the game arrived ( for those of us fortunate to receive our copy )

Airlines is due December, the last update was September 25th, 2 months ago, and even backers who collected it from Essen are missing components and their requests for replacements are being ignored.

I would suggest that this mess be cleaned up before you consider launching your new game as there is much animosity towards Golden Egg Games right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Wong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am a Prime Time Kickstarter from Hong Kong. I do get the stretch goals but after a few emails and PMs in Kickstarter, I still don't get the base game.
We all paid extras for either 1) earlier delivery to try the game; or 2) stretch goals, but we received neither of them. And the replies provided by Elad/ GEG are lacking, if not none at all.
Personally, when I notice a GEG game that I found interesting, I will simply wait for its official release since the Prime Time incident and I would buy it from FLGS. It is cheaper and much safer and I don't need to email here or there and still get nothing.
Pini, you game is on my radar, but I won't back it simply because of the poor service provided by GEG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pini Shekhter
Israel
Haifa
-- Select a State/Province --
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Hi guys,
Mostly GEG games rearch wide retail spread, so I guess if the game will sound good for you when it's out - get it in retail. I really hope the issues will be resolved, but I can't really help with any game that is not of my own creation. I hope I could!!
If you'll play any of my games I would love to hear about your experiences in a PM or at conventions
Cheers

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.