Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Speidel
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So is there any more news on when this edition is coming out?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think I remember hearing it was off the slate for 2017?

So 2018...maybe?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing new in the last five weeks, no.

The official answer from Mayfair Guru Alex Yeager: There has been some talk about a Deluxe version of Agricola which is currently planned for late 2017. At this time, there are no guarantees as to the contents, price, or availability of this product. The game is envisioned to have different art components, and will retail for a premium price. Compatibility with the current edition, planned expansions or previous editions are all unknown and NOT assured. This will be a limited run, and future expansions will not factor this set into account. No official details about this product will be available until the first part of 2017.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
nagoya5 wrote:
So is there any more news on when this edition is coming out?

You can find out more unofficial information via this thread on PlayAgricola.com:

http://play-agricola.com/forums/index.php?topic=4507.0

It's fairly long, so you may want to skip to the latest page (page 4) to find out what is happening with the card re-balancing work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
tumorous wrote:
Nothing new in the last five weeks, no.

The official answer from Mayfair Guru Alex Yeager: There has been some talk about a Deluxe version of Agricola which is currently planned for late 2017. At this time, there are no guarantees as to the contents, price, or availability of this product. The game is envisioned to have different art components, and will retail for a premium price. Compatibility with the current edition, planned expansions or previous editions are all unknown and NOT assured. This will be a limited run, and future expansions will not factor this set into account. No official details about this product will be available until the first part of 2017.

I was remembering the message a couple more replies down in that thread...

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/23991766#23991766

AlexYeager wrote:

For a product that doesn't exist, has no timetable, set components, or price tag? We call that "prudent". For example, 2017 is now off the table for this product, so referring to it, however informally, as the 2017 version is not correct.

When we have a product, we'll market it. There's tremendous interest in Agricola Deluxe, but Klemens is only one man and, as one challenge among many, he's drawing or re-drawing all of the card art (for the ongoing current edition as well as the Deluxe edition), as well as being the art director for all of the Mayfair/Lookout releases, and we like him and want his arms to not fall off. Agricola Deluxe is currently a plan, not a product.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmbmb
Oops, right. Confirmed not 2017.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
simon rorke
South Africa
Sandton
Gauteng
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just hope they have enough for the print run and wont end up being another mechs vs minions and being sold out in an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.