Hide
6 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG.Spring

Subject: Thinking about attending for the first time... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron Cooper
msg tools
So, maybe a really dumb question...but what actually happens at this convention? Is it just a ton of people playing board games constantly, or is there more to it? Obviously I would come for the games, just wondering what the entire experience is like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scotty Dickey
United States
Brandon
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The main draw is the massive game library, and large collection of friendly folks with whom to play.

There are vendors, though far fewer than are present at the November event (going on now).

One of our favorite parts is the availability of the SdJ family of nominated games, and the wonderful jury members who teach them.

It's a really great time. You should give it a try. We can't wait till May.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy G
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
Mold the chaos into something beautiful
mbmbmb
You play lots of games and you meet nice people. And then because you met nice people, you play more games with them. Lather rinse repeat for a couple days.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
Mainly I've just been talking geeky about board games. I should start playing soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hensel
United States
Bryan
Texas
flag msg tools
Have games, Will travel
mbmbmbmbmb
There are also a couple of opportunities to pick up games, some out of print, some at a discount. One is a Bazaar where some of the people attending the convention offer some of their games and gaming related items for sale like at a flea market. Another is the Virtual Flea Market where some of the people who will be attending the convention offer games and gaming related items for sale on a Geeklist prior to the convention, the deals are made before the convention, and the money and items are traded at the convention.

There are also great opportunities for playing epic games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim lathrop

Oklahoma
msg tools
i was a first time attender last year and had a blast, have signed up again to go in May. Went with some friends in my gaming group and was able to play games that i normally would not get to play. Played games all weekend and had a blast bought a few games from the vendors. but honestly just had fun walking around finding a game to play. My goal was to find some games that i have never played and i think i accomplished that. Played late and got up early lol. who needs sleep right. Excited for may to get here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.