Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Maertz
United States
Duluth
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
1 - If the attacker dies during a Ram but the defender lives...does the defender get the FP's for the attackers ship size?

Wakrob
(I guess this would go for the Sentry Gun as well. Can you get FPs when its not your turn?)

In an effort not to make another thread, some more questions.

2 - If a player is attacked by a Sentry Gun on his own turn he can still re-arm his shields immediately after the attack, yes? Even though the attack is happening on his turn?

3 - If you roll a 20 on a d20 size missile attack do you get a FP?

4 - A player had Cold Fusion and could warp to any space within a certain amount of sectors. He twice tried a Smuggle mission that says you must roll when first entering the destination planet to see if you get caught. He asked if since he was skipping the entrance of the planet if he still had to roll...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug DeMoss
United States
Stillwater
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know a couple of these, so I'll answer those.

3 - definitely. It IS a d20 roll.

4 - Yes. You also still have to roll if you slip through the shield with Ghoststalker's special, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ira Fay
United States
New Haven
CT
flag msg tools
designer
:-)
badge
Fay Games logo
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll talk with Cody to confirm, but I'd say:

1) No FP for the defending ship.

2) Yes, you can re-arm after an attack if you have the energy, as usual.

Agreed on 3-4.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Dyer
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
1) No, they didn't destroy that ship, that ship committed suicide. Nobody gets FP when someone blind jumps into the sun...

Quote:
(I guess this would go for the Sentry Gun as well. Can you get FPs when its not your turn?)
No it wouldn't they're very different cases. Nothing prevents you from getting FP when it's not your turn, but you have to take an action and at least be responsible for what grants you the FP.

If you destroy a ship with Sentry Gun on their turn, you would get FP for it. If you roll a 20 while activating Sentry Gun you would get a FP.

2) I don't know if this is the intention on this or not, this being an odd case outside the normal scope of the rules. However technically, no, you cannot rearm after using Shields against Sentry Gun. You can only rearm as part of Combat as outlined on page 8 of the rules.

I assume when this has come up that we just defaulted to the normal "rearm after getting attacked" rule, yet Sentry Gun doesn't get used very often so hasn't come up a lot. Personally I think this makes Sentry Gun a far more useful ability, and think it's a good idea to not allow a rearm afterwards.

3) You do. You probably shouldn't, but that would have required a certain amount of distinction to define in the rules. One of the bad things about Xia (well bad for some, good for others, and a mixed bag for most), is the game is pretty rules light. It isn't terrible, just some things are hard to figure out, and a few things aren't really addressed, so sometimes rulings need to be extrapolated from other parts... or we need an official response on the matter.

4) It doesn't say anything about Planetary Gate or Planetary Boundary. Did he enter the planet? If so then a roll must be made to avoid detection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.