Subject line says it all

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michal P
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really 39USD??? That is really much for just one promo figure, with shipping to Europe it would be expensive as hell. I am really completist for almost all my games but for this one I must really think about it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally agree, but still Damn sight cheaper than ebay fleecers and the original kickstarter where it was originally available.
Like I said in subject line it ain't cheap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Subject doesn't say it all because it isn't priced at $40 so CSI can make tons of money. The reason it is so expensive is because it is priced there to raise money for the dice tower. Sale page even says "All proceeds go to funding Dice Tower."

Keep in mind this this promo is modeled after Sam Healy and was created specially for the Dice Tower to use as part of their 2016 Kickstarter (where it was in the $110+ packages).

As has been discussed in other threads over the last week, some people still see the price as way to high. However, for people who DO find the Dice Tower worthwhile, I think this distinction as to where the money is going is important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
Subject doesn't say it all because it isn't priced at $40 so CSI can make tons of money. The reason it is so expensive is because it is priced there to raise money for the dice tower. Sale page even says "All proceeds go to funding Dice Tower."

Keep in mind this this promo is modeled after Sam Healy and was created specially for the Dice Tower to use as part of their 2016 Kickstarter (where it was in the $110+ packages).

As has been discussed in other threads over the last week, some people still see the price as way to high. However, for people who DO find the Dice Tower worthwhile, I think this distinction as to where the money is going is important.

Well said and pointed out
I wasn't' being anti the price (as I've already ordered mine) just trying to let fellow geeks it's available at all, and at a much more reasonable price (including postage to me in UK) than any ebay seller I've seen now or previously.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
acehawkster1973 wrote:
I wasn't' being anti the price (as I've already ordered mine) just trying to let fellow geeks it's available at all, and at a much more reasonable price (including postage to me in UK) than any ebay seller I've seen now or previously.
Totally understandable. I just didn't want people interested to see the post and blow it off thinking CSI was trying to rip them off since I think many people can justify the price if they know they are supporting the Dice Tower with the money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Sena
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
ras2124 wrote:

Ahh.. I wondered where they came up with that name. I didn't THINK there was a Norse god named Hili, and the great oracle (google) was failing me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ace hawkster
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quick update also been caught with additional GBP 11.25 import fee. Very unhappy bunny now as this figure wasn't cheap to begin with and after seeing value cmon put on the others invoice USD 3.00 for pretty much each box in box don't tell me coolstuff couldn't have declared a lower true value also. I work in imports so I know the difference between the sold to importers and sold to public prices All I'm really saying is UK buyers beware.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.