Subject: 20 Point Rage Dwarf Pillaging Without Opposition rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
Couple of questions:

1. I improve Rage to 12 giving 10 bonus points. How do I get to 12 Rage giving 20 bonus points? Same question for other stats.

2. Can I play a card if I pillage with no opponents? I could have raised a stat if I did.

3. How does the Dwarf work? Free to upgrade and always free to invade?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessio Stevanato
Italy
Spinea (VE)
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
bruticus wrote:
Couple of questions:

1. I improve Rage to 12 giving 10 bonus points. How do I get to 12 Rage bonus points? Same question for other stats.

2. Can I play a card if I pillage with no opponents? I could have raised a stat if I did.

3. How does the Dwarf work? Free to upgrade and always free to invade?

1. When you improve your stats, at the end of the game you earn points equal to the zone where the counter is (10 or 20 points) per each stat (rage, axes, horns). The last spot on each stat track, if I remember well, doesn't increase the stat number but allows you to earn the 20 points (last zone).
Hoping to answer to that question

2. No battle no cards

3. Dwarf (and hell warrior) are free to play (no rage even if he has 2 strenght (hell warrior 3)). When you play them for the first time obviously you gain the possibility to invade with the new monster for free (unless you have your minis count equal to the horns stat) and, regarding the dwarf, in the following ages, if he returns from wallalla (or whatever) you can invade with him for free, like the chief.
Because in the game, generally, strenght and cost are the same number and icon, to maintain strenght diffent from zero, they write that they have no cost to be played.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
arry -
msg tools
bruticus wrote:
1. I improve Rage to 12 giving 10 bonus points. How do I get to 12 Rage giving 20 bonus points? Same question for other stats.

The stat tracks work like this: there are 6 positions, you start in the first one, and each time you advance, you move the marker to the next position. At the end of the game, for each stat, if you're in position 4 or 5, you gain 10 glory, and if in position 6, then 20. I'm not really sure what's the misunderstanding here, so if it's still unclear please ask away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bru Ticus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
If I have 12 Rage giving 10 bonus Glory, do I need to pillage Rage again or steal Rage to get to 12 Rage giving 20 Glory?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cave Johnson
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You steal opponents' current rage; it doesn't increase your maximum rage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Muhammad Na'im
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You need to gain the rage stat again, from pillaging most of the time.
Same as the other stats. You may have reached the maximum number of figures on the board but if you gain the horn stat again, you'll get 20 points at the end of the game.

As mentioned, stealing rage during battle is not the same as gaining a rage stat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
bruticus wrote:
If I have 12 Rage giving 10 bonus Glory, do I need to pillage Rage again or steal Rage to get to 12 Rage giving 20 Glory?

Stealing rage does not affect your base stat. But... yes, of course you have to upgrade your base stat to get the higher reward. Why else would it have the separated 20 point reward?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.