Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My regular group has 5 players and that is very unlikely to change. Finding games that play well with 5 is very hard (there are some that play well with and I have a selection). I'm also a huge fan of co-ops (I really appreciate games that avoid direct confrontation/(negative)interaction, co-ops are great for this, plus I actually like co-op as a mechanism). Sooooo, I'm really hoping that this game works well with 5.

I can't see anything obvious that tells me why it's a 1-5 player game rather than a 1-6 player game, so I have to assume that either it doesn't play well with 6 (and therefore might be a stretch at 5) or component count at 6 would have pushed the game into a price bracket that the publisher didn't want. For me, game length is a very low weighting in selecting games: as long as I can setup, play a game and pack up in a 4 hour window the game is viable for me.

tl;dr any input on how well it plays with 5 (game length/downtime excepted)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Moorehead
United States
Arvada
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Have played this 3 times. Two games were 5-player and one game was a 2-player. The 5-player games went about 2 1/2 hours each, which included rules explanation and set up.

What we found was that the more players the faster you burn through the event deck, and the game gets harder as a result. I think, at this point, that 3 or 4 players may be the optimum number. But all players enjoyed the game.

Not much downtime, as we discussed how to proceed during the turns as cards came out. Very thematic and a great game. Looking forward to playing this again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott DeMers
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I played it once (I was one of the players in Randy's 5 player game he references above).

I am now nearly obsessed with playing again. Had a blast. It was hard - we all ended up in the gestapo jails. But, I would not want the game easier than it was. Loved it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aha! Thanks guys. At least at first look it seems that it adopts the commonest pattern of Co-ops that get harder with more players. That's not a bad thing IMO. This might cost me some money.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Cuccia
United States
Metairie
Louisiana
flag msg tools
----- A week ago Friday, 11/11/16, 5 of us played BO. This was absolutely one of the most pleasurable & most fun-filled wargame experiences that I have had in 58 years (yes, by sheer serendipity, I started playing wargames, AH Tactics II, in 1958).
----- Major hats off to the designer & staff who produced BO. They have an absolute winner.
Slainte, Richard Cuccia, richardcuccia@hotmail.com, richardcuccia@cox.net
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip duBarry
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Jacobson
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got in a play with 5 last night. It's much more chaotic with five. With so many events occurring before your turn, it's hard to plan ahead. The downtime is not horrendous since it's co-op, and there can be some group discussion. But, if you end up in jail, it can feel long before you get to do anything substantive again.

OTOH, we managed to poison Hitler's food just as we were turning to stage 7, with four of us in jail and our lone theologian in Berlin serving the fuhrer some strudel laced with arsenic. We had just got his support back down to 3 with only 3 dice to roll. Two bullseyes and a number. But he had his reroll card and the die came up with the third bullseye to succeed. Which is to say, ultimately, I enjoyed it a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sir Halden of FTL
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played 2 games with 5 conspirators last night. Games were about 2 hours each. Played well I felt maybe a little smoother at 4 but quite good at 5

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.