Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthias Muthig
Germany
Osnabrück
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mb
Namely. Does it stand a chance funwise when compared to galaxy trucker.
Galaxy trucker avoids the problem of this system being perceived as random or chaotic in a way, by just not being as serious about it.
Does 4 gods fail being fun, because of the scoring system in the opinion of somebody who played both games?
Somebody else sharing my opinion that this game just needs a different game mod. Something semicooperativ for example (where certain objectives have to be reached on the board) or a more fun scoring (although. Why not getting galaxy trucker then in the first place?)
Because everyone cutthroat against each other. It seems not to work very well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zack Stackurski
United States
Mankato
Minnesota
flag msg tools
I love almost all games, play Boardgames with my wife, have three kids, generally enjoy cats and understand and like those bumper stickers with the little fishies sprouting legs.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it hard to think of 4 Gods and Galaxy Trucker as similar games despite both being real time. 4 Gods is a pretty deliberate area control game where you spend as much or more time thinking about where and when to place your score pieces as you do how your tiles will effect the board. This thinkiness lends itself to relatively long pauses (for a real time game) that make it a lot less frantic than the tile grabbing in Trucker.

I personally find 4 Gods fun, but I'm a big fan of spatial abstracts. If I wasn't I can see where it would fall flat for me compared to the zany destruction you find in Galaxy Trucker.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.