Subject: Scoring explorers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When at the end of the game, you have unconsious (lying down) explorers at base camp, do you score points for those explorers?

We had a strange game where all my food was used by the last round and all my explorers where at the basecamp lying down, including my captain. Do I still count the explorers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
arnaud_vb wrote:
When at the end of the game, you have unconsious (lying down) explorers at base camp, do you score points for those explorers?

We had a strange game where all my food was used by the last round and all my explorers where at the basecamp lying down, including my captain. Do I still count the explorers?

Only active explorers are counted for scoring
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
"Он был в Смоленске щит, в Париже меч России"
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it somewhere in the rules? they say just "each explorer in the base camp". Thematically should be okay. They are already there and don't need to move or do any actions any more...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arnaud VERBEEREN
Belgium
Sint-Agatha-Berchem / Brussels
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thematically I'd say they score if you have at least 1 conscious explorer at base camp... If all are prone, they just freeze to death. As long as there's one man standing, he can dragg the unconsious to the boat and take care of the there.

Would like to here from the designer. Couldn't find it in the rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mad Igor
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
"Он был в Смоленске щит, в Париже меч России"
mbmbmbmbmb
We play it in the same way. Sure if all are uncunscious - they die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrell Wood
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rule book:
Quote:
Exhausted explorers cannot perform actions, including moving, hunting or building camps. They also do not count as company for Active men or when determining an occupied zone. As soon as you have any supplies (crates or food) in the same zone as an exhausted explorer, you may expend one of those supplies to revive the exhausted explorer (making them Active).

Based on this I would have to say the answer is no. The only time I would say this would come up is if you have zero food in the zone. Otherwise you would clearly revive them because they are worth 2 points. From this point of view, thematically speaking of course, if there is no food in the zone it likely becomes an every man for themselves kind of situation. Final decision is, I do not think they should count because they are not active.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adhil Patel
South Africa
Cape Town
Western Cape
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You're unlikely to get a response from Simon (the designer), but more likely from Rob (lead developer and artist) or me (developer).

Rob posted these official variants in the last week, one of which suggests eliminating exhausted explorers.

This of course confirms that the standard rules allow the exhausted explorers to be scored.

Also, the standard rules state when it comes to end game scoring:
Each explorer at base camp is worth 2 Prestige.

When developing the game, we counted crew that made it home exhausted towards our point totals. Thematically, we assumed that they would thaw out on the ship/ at base camp. The crates represent food that is packed and ready to be transported, but the assumption is that there would have been other food at camp, just not represented in the game explicitly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.