Pandemic Legacy: Season 1» Forums » Rules

Subject: June Rule Question (spoilers) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Troutman
msg tools
mbmb
Please, no spoilers past June setup.

June's equipment cards say "Not an action" but they don't say "Play Any Time." When is a player allowed to use these? Only during their Action Phase? After drawing Player Cards? On someone else's turn?

It occurs to me that the "Efficient to Sequence" Positive Mutation allows one to cure at any time, so is the same true of equipment cards? And if so, do equipment cards only pertain to the city of the pawn for the character who has them, or do they function like event cards and can be played for other characters?

Can I, for example, use grenades to kill Faded in my city when it's not my turn? Or let someone else use them on their turn?

It would seem thematically odd for a character who has grenades to not allow someone else to also use them unless they met to trade in the city that the grenade's crate had stamped on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
Think of them like event cards. (Exception: you can't play them instead of discarding when you're over hand limit)

For the most part, events can be played at any time except between some occurrence being triggered but not yet being represented in the board state. (For example, you can't do anything between drawing a card from the infection deck and adding the infection markers to that city. The infection happened the instant you drew the card.)

But do carefully read what each individual card says.

In the specific case of a Grenade Belt, sure, use it at any time to remove Faded from the city you are in. That's what the card says. Knock yourself out! (Only not literally - it helps if you throw the grenade some distance from yourself. :-p )

What you can't do is use it in another player's turn to remove Faded from where they are. Nor can you pass the card to somebod just because you feel like it; as ever, you must have some specifically permitted technique for doing so.

An ambiguity is whether there's time to use the Grenade Belt between somebody drawing an infection card at the end of their turn and you scarring at the beginning of yours. I don't recall whether or not that's ever been officially clarified?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Troutman
msg tools
mbmb
clivej wrote:
An ambiguity is whether there's time to use the Grenade Belt between somebody drawing an infection card at the end of their turn and you scarring at the beginning of yours. I don't recall whether or not that's ever been officially clarified?

I emailed Rob Daviau, and he said "Yes you can!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronald Tin
Hong Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't play equipment cards during forced discard even if it is "anytime"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.