Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Bradshaw
United Kingdom
Horsham
West Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi everyone - for variety and scenario making, what sort of scale mapboards will work with this system? For example ASL/SL (SK#1 to 3) etc.

Just out of interest

thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played Panzer with ASL maps, think they work fine.

I made some small changes that I thought necessary due to the change in scale (100m per hex to 40-50m per hex):
-Double spotting ranges
-Quick-march available for all terrain and for sections (they can move 2 hexes with it)
-Terrains (the ones that I remember)
--Hindrance terrains (like grains and orchards): -1/-5(AP/GP) per hex crossed
--Only the actual 'drawing' of the terrain blocks LOS, as in ASL

It worked OK, kinda liked it. Later I played some DaE small scenarios and it was cool.

-----------------------

Fighting Formations maps work perfectly. Did a fast conversion of a scenario and it worked great.

-----------------------

TCS maps are also kind of the same scale, but I think a little bigger (150-200m per hex, I think). But they are unusable as their hex size is too small, but can work in vassal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Pollock
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one time I ran an umpired PBEM of MBT, I used nothing but ASL boards, and it worked fine.

I was otherwise bone lazy and did not make any adjustments for scale and just did some fudging for ASL graphics to match MBT terrain types.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.