Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan Surgenor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Only one left, so be quick: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Repos-Production-SEV-EN01ASM-Wonder...

In case you live under a rock: 7 Wonders
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
ndsurgenor wrote:

Only one left, so be quick: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Repos-Production-SEV-EN01ASM-Wonder...

In case you live under a rock: 7 Wonders

Good spot. If you are willing to "risk it" Amazon have it in at £24.02 so no need to rush for that 2p saving.

Cue Blackfriday fight gif

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And cue flubit demands!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Barnes
United Kingdom
Leigh
Lancs
flag msg tools
£21.82

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Knapp
United Kingdom
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
£20.95

Bought!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Is it any good though, I mean as a base game without the additional add-ons??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leet72 wrote:

Yes, the base set is a solid drafting game that plays quickly at a wide range of player numbers. I have Cities and Leaders, and we still play the base game occasionally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Taylor
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
Leet72 wrote:

Yes, the base set is a solid drafting game that plays quickly at a wide range of player numbers. I have Cities and Leaders, and we still play the base game occasionally.

Thanks Greg, but does the game become better with the expansions? Also in you’re opinion what other game does this closest resemble?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Surgenor
United Kingdom
Belfast
Northern Ireland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you do get an expansion, get Leaders.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Leet72 wrote:
BlackSheep wrote:
Leet72 wrote:

Thanks Greg, but does the game become better with the expansions? Also in you’re opinion what other game does this closest resemble?

The expansions add variety with a small increase in complexity and length. Worth trying once you're familiar with the base game. Leaders adds some interesting decisions and lets you go into the game with a bit of a plan. Cities is less of a change, it just gets shuffled into the regular deck and adds some new stuff, notably a debt mechanic where you have to be prepared for money to get stolen.

There's also a new Wonder in Leaders and two in Cities, IIRC, which change things up quite a bit compared to the seven base-game Wonders, and a Wonder Pack with four more.

The closest comparison I can probably make is Sushi Go!, but with an element of tableau-building. Instead of just taking the best card, you have to build or buy resources which will allow you to take better cards in future turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.