Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pietro Poma
Italy
Castano Primo
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi guys,

I want to ask you if I've found a bug or not in the digital edition on Steam.
As US player I've played missile envy as Headline and the system draw from USSR 5 years plan. The event triggers and the system draw from USSR.... Missile envy! Is it a bug or not?

Thanks

P.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Missile envy is in USSR's hands by the time 5YP triggers so it is not a bug.
Very unusual situation though.

It is, to my knowledge, the only one of two ways to avoid being forced to play Missile Envy on next AR (the other being Score card play requirement).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Valentine

Texas
msg tools
mb
afafard wrote:
It is, to my knowledge, the only one of two ways to avoid being forced to play Missile Envy on next AR (the other being Score card play requirement).

If under both Quag/Bear Trap and Purge, then Missile is not an eligible discard and you may discard another eligible card to attempt to end the Quag/Bear Trap.

If you have Missile Envy in hand from the prior turn, then there's a bunch of possibilities for getting rid of it before your AR1. The USA may discard it with Ask Not on your next turn's headline. Or it may get discarded with an opponent's headline of Terrorism/5YP/Aldrich. I suppose it's also possible that the USA could discard it if he has it from a prior turn, headlines Containment and Soviets headline Blockade or LA Debt Crisis. I'm pretty sure you can also discard it at the end of a turn if the space discard power is in effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fiji
United States
San Luis Obispo
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
afafard wrote:
Missile envy is in USSR's hands by the time 5YP triggers so it is not a bug.
Very unusual situation though.

And here I thought that when Missile Envy interferes with a scoring card, you just lose. Huh.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Candiac
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing can interere with Score Card play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.