Popular Tags: [View All]
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
Unicorn Hunter
mbmbmbmbmb

It looks like is unanimous that "Vicious Strike" is overpriced by what it does. I don't know if there's a FAQ for this (I couldn't find it) but I was thinking if it doesn't combo with Cleave. In this way, this ability would be par with, for example, Fenn's "Rebel Elite" (in the part of rising the blast from 1 to 2).

Is it possible this is how we should be using Vicious Strike so it's worth it?

What do you guys think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Allenberg
msg tools
Are you asking if it can add +1 to Cleave? In that case, no. The +1 damage added to the attack roll and Cleave is a result of an attack, not an attack itself. It can increase your chances to hit, and thereby potentially trigger Cleave.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
Unicorn Hunter
mbmbmbmbmb
Well... the card says "Apply +1 to the attack results". Wouldn't Cleave be considered a result of the attack? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Allenberg
msg tools
stevancorrea wrote:
Well... the card says "Apply +1 to the attack results". Wouldn't Cleave be considered a result of the attack? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Haha! Bad choice of words on my part. Cleave occurs after the attack. What I should have said was "it is an effect of the attack." The +1 damage is added to the attack results. The game defines "attack results" as the results of the dice roll plus any spent surges and abilities. etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
Cleave and Blast are not attacks.

(Otherwise the target of Cleave or Blast would get to defend and get defense bonuses from Protector, and be able to trigger all kinds of abilities.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stevan Corrêa
Brazil
Brasilia
DF
flag msg tools
Unicorn Hunter
mbmbmbmbmb
Uninvited Guest wrote:
Haha! Bad choice of words on my part. Cleave occurs after the attack. What I should have said was "it is an effect of the attack." The +1 damage is added to the attack results. The game defines "attack results" as the results of the dice roll plus any spent surges and abilities. etc.

Nah... I'm just giving you a hard time, hahah...

a1bert wrote:
Cleave and Blast are not attacks. (Otherwise the target of Cleave or Blast would get to defend and get defense bonuses from Protector, and be able to trigger all kinds of abilities.)

Well, then I must agree with the masses and say it is indeed an overpriced ability "/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.