$18.00
GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters: 105.32

6,586 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
41.5% of Goal | left

Support:

Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
38 Posts
1 , 2  Next »   | 

Arkham Horror: The Card Game» Forums » News

Subject: Rougourou scenario available on ffg website rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
go get your copy NOW
7 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
Almost $40 CAD when you consider shipping. Since boardgamebliss usually carries the LotR Nightmare Decks, I think I'll wait and hope that they carry it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
News link:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2016/11/17/terror...

Purchase link:
https://drafts.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/arkham-hor...
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yoink. Got one. I hope it doesn't suck.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Shanowitz
United States
Bristol
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three days ago a copy sold on eBay for $101.50. Ouch.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Duchesne
Canada
flag msg tools
I just got one, Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Scutt
United Kingdom
Matlock
Derbyshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"...It can be played as a self-contained scenario, or it can be inserted into your larger Arkham Horror: The Card Game campaign as a side-story that costs one experience to begin..."

This is interesting...did we know that side-quests would cost experience?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scourn1
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You know now they do! I wonder though is it 1 exp total for the group or per player to adventure there.

Makes sense though.

Bought my copy. 20$ shipped in US for me so perfectly fine with that. Excited as it can also be a stand alone
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Stegman
United States
Minneapolis
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dorktron2000 wrote:
Yoink. Got one. I hope it doesn't suck.


I played it at Arkham Nights and we got crushed.

We played two players but I think that is one you need four for because of the way certain things work in the scenario. It seemed like it might be too much ground for two players to cover.

I could be wrong about that because we got killed before we were even close to the end game but we saw some things that had us questioning whether we could do it with two.

It seemed harder than the base scenarios but that's because:

- We made some newbie mistakes
- We were playing with the base pre-constructed decks
- We ran into a couple of tough monsters and overestimated our ability to take them on directly
- The standard difficulty token set up goes to -6

From that one play, it is difficult to say whether it is a good scenario but has some interesting twists that make it at least worth trying.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nerds call me
United States
N Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanMinn wrote:


From that one play, it is difficult to say whether it is a good scenario but has some interesting twists that make it at least worth trying.


That has me more excited for it. Thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wallace-Moyer
United States
Lebanon
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
scourn1 wrote:
I wonder though is it 1 exp total for the group or per player to adventure there.


I got to go to Arkham Nights as well so I've played through with 4 players and we actually did pretty well. The rules state that each player pays one experience to go on the side quest, but this does help to balance the fact that you can potentially walk out of a side quest with more experience again or possibly new story assets (no guarantee of course and the POD may end up all different). But it's also good to note that if you play it as a side quest, you use the same token bag from your campaign which has potential to actually be more forgiving than the one you use if you play it as a stand alone.

But it's a really fun quest! Lots of replayability and a fun little mystery to try and solve, and lots of different ways to get a "good" outcome.

Definitely my favorite scenario by far that's been released.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Steerpike wrote:
"...It can be played as a self-contained scenario, or it can be inserted into your larger Arkham Horror: The Card Game campaign as a side-story that costs one experience to begin..."


Does this mean I could purchase this without the base AH card game and play it standalone?

Or do I need the base AH Card Game as well?

Probably a silly question .... thanks!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Telling
msg tools
Kind of annoying that I canceled my Amazon order and bought from FFG's website and then they add this. I would have bundled the two together to save on shipping. As it is, no thanks. I don't want to double the price just to ship it.

I love the theme of a werewolf in New Orleans though, so I'll likely pick it up at some point in the future.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
Steerpike wrote:
"...It can be played as a self-contained scenario, or it can be inserted into your larger Arkham Horror: The Card Game campaign as a side-story that costs one experience to begin..."


Does this mean I could purchase this without the base AH card game and play it standalone?

Or do I need the base AH Card Game as well?

Probably a silly question .... thanks!


It comes with very few player cards and no investigators.

It being a self-contained scenario means it is not part of a campaign - not that it can be played without the base game.

Never hurts to hope, but, it's as you likely expected.
2 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
xuzuthor wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:
Steerpike wrote:
"...It can be played as a self-contained scenario, or it can be inserted into your larger Arkham Horror: The Card Game campaign as a side-story that costs one experience to begin..."


Does this mean I could purchase this without the base AH card game and play it standalone?

Or do I need the base AH Card Game as well?

Probably a silly question .... thanks!


It comes with very few player cards and no investigators.

It being a self-contained scenario means it is not part of a campaign - not that it can be played without the base game.

Never hurts to hope, but, it's as you likely expected.


Yeah .... I figured that .... thanks for being kind with me.

Expecting Santa to bring me the base game, so I am going to purchase in anticipation. Hope that doesn't jinx me!!!! laugh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazing that this just appeared on the FFG site for purchase on the same day pre-orders of the base game vaporized with Amazon. Oh but look, I can get copies of the base game from the very same FFG web store while I'm ordering this scenario deck - how convenient.


EDIT: Regardless, thanks for the info. I wasn't expecting to see this released so soon.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pawel Gutowski
Poland
Gdańsk
flag msg tools
mbmb
Any chance those are also released in other languages? Or do we have to wait?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Rochester
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I noticed hours ago but I'm waiting to see if my FLGS already has it since they are as eager to get it as I am. If so I could walk in after work and buy it. Much preferred over waiting a week for it to turn up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the short supply of the base game it seems prudent to BUY BUY BUY if you are interested in this. That was my logic at least laugh

Seriously though, what is the history with these FFG small releases? I bought direct as the news release seems to imply web store only availability for the time being.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Elijah
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shipping is almost the price of the product, cry

Now I'm feeling the pain of international gamers paying shipping from the US..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Immortal
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mb
I guess the asset they are talking about is Lady Esprit ally?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
derp wrote:
Shipping is almost the price of the product, cry

Now I'm feeling the pain of international gamers paying shipping from the US..


Shipping to Indy was $5.64.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
Given the short supply of the base game it seems prudent to BUY BUY BUY if you are interested in this. That was my logic at least laugh

Seriously though, what is the history with these FFG small releases? I bought direct as the news release seems to imply web store only availability for the time being.


It's in-house Print on Demand, so as long as they support the game, this'll never go out of stock (buying it through FFG, at least).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ordered.
Thanks for the heads-up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mathew rynich
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah this is a print on demand product so these things will never be out of print while FFG supports the game. Though POD stuff isn't always carried by retailers, and FFG's shipping options are not the cheapest so that benefit comes with a bit of a price.

Also note since this isn't printed at their normal printers the print quality is slightly different. Only really a problem if you need to mix these cards with other cards, which may be the case if the scenario gives you an asset to shuffle into your deck. Therefore sleeving with opaque sleeves might be in order (in those cases) to ensure all the card backs are exactly the same and no cards are easily recognizable from their back.

All that said I've never had any complaints about the FFG POD products and I own quite a bit of them at this point between Netrunner, LOTR, Warhammer Quest, Games Of Thrones The Board Game ... and now Arkham Horror The Card Game.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.