Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carol Carpenter
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am thinking about bringing this to a family reunion, and I would like to be able to add a 5th player.
If I copy a shield for them, do you see any reason why it wouldn't work for 5? I don't care if it's not the ideal experience, just if it will function.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It will reduce the number of block tiles each player gets, thus making it harder to complete quilts for the shows. You might be satisfied with it that way.

An option might be to dummy up some time markers and just have 2 shows. Instead of 28 time markers, you could have 35-38 of them. You would also need to have 8 prizes for each show.

You can play around with the numbers, but I would have 2 shows, 35 time markers, and 8 prizes.

Let us know what you do, and how it turns out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carol Carpenter
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you Steve! I wasn't expecting an answer from the designer!
I will take your suggestion and copy some more time markers and prize ribbons. I may not need them; I'd prefer to play with 4, but I'd hate to turn someone away who is interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not surprised.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Bennett
United States
Grinnell
Iowa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
starspangledgirl wrote:
I will take your suggestion and copy some more time markers and prize ribbons. I may not need them; I'd prefer to play with 4, but I'd hate to turn someone away who is interested!

You won't need to make more prize ribbons, but instead of drawing 6 for the shows, you should draw 8. As for the time markers you can use pennies if you want. It's not as thematic, but it's certainly easier than printing something.

Understand that I'm merely surmising on the number of prize ribbons and time markers. I haven't tested any of this for 5 players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.