Subject: Hoping for expansions, not just maps. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loving the game. I like the variety of maps. I know there are additional maps out there. I am hoping more maps come out like everyone else. However, I also hope alternate engineer sheets. As the circuits are now it it encourage vertical movement and moving east. You can go a long time moving East only just by zigzagging North and South. If you go West once you are committed to West for awhile and then have to go East at some point. Because of that one would not want to go West that often.

It would be nice to see different circuits that offer different movement strategies. I think it would even be interesting if each team has different layouts causing each team to have different strategies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Different types of subs would be quite interesting. They could have special abilities/systems like "move 2 spaces at once" for a small sub or "two torpedos" for a bigger sub.

Tons of options

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Jonas

Oakdale
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
New systems sheets could be interesting. I am assuming the community will come up with ideas on how to use the scenario system for maps that don't use it. I was thinking maybe allowing you to do a U-Turn, you can backtrack on your line in a straight line. You cannot turn onto your line, meaning you have to turn off the line otherwise you can keep going straight on the line until it turns.

Here's an example, if you are heading north and your line is like this
|
|
--

You could use the system to head south and continue heading south until you either leave the line to turn. However, you could not head east at the point where your old line came from the east. if you turn you have to turn off the line so. Then afterwards normal movement rules apply.

So if you head one length south if you turn west or east you will be off the line and back to normal movement rules.
If you go another length south you can only turn west since you already have a line east.
Otherwise you could head south one more time which takes you off your line.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.