44.3% of Goal | left

Support:

champalaune christ
France
echirolles
flag msg tools
Subject: Complementary readings for Comancheria
Bonjour,

I live in France and to prepare me for my futur gameplay of Comancheria , I was searching at my public library a book about Comanches people, I have found one two months ago, I have read it and when I have seen the front cover of COMANCHERIA , I was happily surprised , it was the same art work of my french translation of this book.

So I may advice you to read this book :

Empire of the Summer Moon

Quanah Parker and the Rise and Fall of the Comanches, the Most Powerful Indian Tribe in American History Paperback – Illustrated, May 10, 2011
by S. C. Gwynne (Author)

This book is very top , it has given to me a clear view about this period, now I understand (a little) ) about the Comanches people
and the colons , hard time for both with a lot of fights, murders, tortures and bad things,

I was a little naive about Natives, perhaps to watch, Dance with the wolves gave me a point of view with the bad people on a side and the good natives or indians, I was a little shocking but now my heart understand this way of life and I am prepared to play COMANCHERIA.

Thank you Joël for the game,

I hope to play it around Christmas,

And if I have enough strong feelings inside to translate in French as I translate Navajo Wars with Christian Van Someren

christ from France
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
Preorder Navajo Wars by GMT Games
mbmbmbmbmb
There's an audio book edition of Empire of the Summer Moon too.

The game definitely offers a PG (i.e. family-friendly) version of history. Empire of the Summer Moon will give you the grisly details.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
champalaune christ
France
echirolles
flag msg tools
Yes, I understand that,

my advice lecture was only to help players wanted to dive into this historical period.

I would like not playing a game with rape, murders, torture...

thank you Joël to share the gameplay of Comancheria on Twitter.

Will you share with us a video gameplay like you did with Navajo Wars ?
or the three you already did is enough ?

Chris from France

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like it too if you could to kind of tutorial about how to play the game, using all its procedures. The game's finesse and finely tuned mechanics impress me, but I admit I am still not sure if I should buy the game because it might be too complex.

Because it is so craftily build I really want to try it and time is running out.

Now, if there would be a tutorial (some time in the near future), that would make a difference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It comes with a tutorial that teaches you the game. I believe all game mechanics are included in the tutorial in some way.

-Joel

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Joel. I was hoping for a video tutorial. Would that be Possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Toppen
United States
Gallup
New Mexico
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Likely!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gerit Driessen
Netherlands
Mierlo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rohan G
Australia
flag msg tools
joel_m_toppen wrote:
Likely!

This would be awesome.. especially if this tutorial was in the form of a full play through!

You are such a good presenter it is really entertaining to watch and learn from you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.