Princes of the Renaissance» Forums » Rules

Subject: How many time the Pope can fo holy alliance rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many times the player with the pope tile can help the defender or the attacker in a war? From the rulebook it seems that the pope can decide every battle if remain neutral, help the attacker or help the defender, but there are some posts on Bgg that seems to play as that the pope can help only for one war every decade...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
In the new Mercury edition it is on the tile itself:
...once per decade....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oooh, thanks !
I looked at the standup and both sides of it are equals, I thought that it would be double faced like other standups for families if the pope was one use only... I haven't looked at the tile :blush:
The pope standup doesn't seems much useful this way...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Your welcome. This has been a grail game for me for a long time. Very first play tomorrow night, with 4 of us. High expectations...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Smith
United Kingdom
Wigton
Cumbria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I am Mantuan War I think I have to insist on being Gonzaga...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dyvim tanelorn
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played yesterday, great game but some choices for the reprint are meh... I would have preferred a bigger central board (to show all city tiles) and player screens in spite of unuseful playerd boards and stand ups.
I was born near Urbino and Rimini, so for me it should be Montefeltro or Malatesta. Federico Montefeltro is better! He lost an eye during a battle and he make a surgeon cut his nose - that it's way the nose is shaped that way - so that in battle he could see with his only functioning eye, but he said that he wanted his nose cut becase that way he could look better at paintings... and he paid such cool artists, like Paolo Uccello who was the pioneer in perspective. Sigismondo Malatesta was a great condottiere too, but less noble in spirit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.