Hide
11 Posts

Inis» Forums » Rules

Subject: Looking for clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bryant Nishikawa
msg tools
I was playing a game with a friend and we had an interesting circumstance that ultimately would determine who would win or lose. So I am looking for second/third/etc opinions on how you think it would play out.

Player 1: Plays Druid to draw from discard.
Player 2: Plays Geist to cancel card.
Player 1: Plays Epic Tale Card "Lag Dihlmaga(spelling?)". It is a Triskel Card that says... "After a Season card is resolved, keep that card instead of discarding". Or something to that effect.
Player 1: Wants to pick up Druid with Lag Dihlmaga.
Player 2: Says he cant.

Player 2's argument is that the Epic card uses the terms "resolved" and "that". The Druid card was not resolved because it was ignored by the Geist. And the word "that" refers to the most recent Action card played. In this instance, because Player 1 played it after the Geist card, Player 1 can only pick up the Geist card with it.

Player 1's argument is that every card gets "resolved", even if that resolution is the card getting cancelled.

What do you all think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose you refer to Lugh Samildanach, who allows you to take an Action card after it has been played.
In this case Player 1 is right, you can take the Druid instead of discarding it even though it has been countered by the Geis. It still has been played.

And don't Geis the Druid...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Stone
United States
Astoria
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wouldn't Player 1 be able to pick up the Geis card, not the Druid?

If Lugh Samildanach allows you to take an action card after it has been played, the most recently played action card would have been the Geis, not the Druid. (Don't have the game accessible at the moment, if someone could check the exact wording of Lugh Samildanach . . .)

Not saying this is a deal breaker, picking up the Geis is a nice play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niall Smyth
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MStone wrote:

If Lugh Samildanach allows you to take an action card after it has been played, the most recently played action card would have been the Geis, not the Druid. (Don't have the game accessible at the moment, if someone could check the exact wording of Lugh Samildanach . . .)

Geis is a Triskel card, not a Season card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MStone wrote:

Player 1 would be able to take the Druid or the Geis. It's not really a matter of last played, but of what has just been played now. For a precise moment think "at the moment you discard it".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
poshniallo wrote:
MStone wrote:

Geis is a Triskel card, not a Season card.

Lugh allows you to take an Action card, not specifically a Season card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Nishikawa
msg tools
Yea... I wasnt even close in regards to the name of the card. But yea, that is the correct one. I did not have the game available when I made the post.

So the exact wording on the card is

"After an Action card has been resolved: Add that Action card to your hand."

I read this as pertaining to a single card. And the card that it is referring to is the one that was most recently resolved. In this case, the Geis.

If Player 1 had played Lug Samildanach BEFORE the Geis, I dont think Player 2 would have grounds for stopping the play.

(Also, this Geis stopped the druid which would have allowed him to pick up "new allies" and shift the balance in a territory taking my title of Brenn away and thus gaining the tie breaker to win the game. It wasnt a very clean game, we made a lot of mistakes, but the wording on how this plays out would determine who would have won.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Nishikawa
msg tools
But yea, Thank you all for the replies! So far it is looking unfavorable for player 2 (me)... but i'm looking forward to more peoples perspectives.

Personally, I dont think a card that gets ignored by the Geis is "resolved". In the greater sense of the word yes, it gets discarded because it cant hang in limbo forever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon
United States
Christiansburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
bnishikawa wrote:
but i'm looking forward to more peoples perspectives.

The game designer himself has definitively answered your question. Further perspectives are pretty worthless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryant Nishikawa
msg tools
So by your sassy reply... i'm assuming Kris is the game designer?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Three Headed Monkey
Australia
flag msg tools
bnishikawa wrote:
So by your sassy reply... i'm assuming Kris is the game designer?
Indeed he is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.