Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Professional creative visual communication: www.universalhead.com
badge
Game summaries and reference sheets: www.headlesshollow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I just visited Japan, I feel the need to buy myself a copy of this game! But which version?

I'm thinking the deluxe version as it has the first expansion and the figurines, but would I be missing out on something? Or is it better to get the base game and the accessory pack?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mauricio Montoya
Colombia
Medellín
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Deluxe.... you get everything from base game and Crossroads plus the bling for both (coins, minis for the characters, counters) and the game board is actually larger than the original to fit everything. You get everything up to that point* with this edition.

The accessory pack is for people that already have the base game and Crossroads, not just the base game. It comes with the bling to "upgrade" all the original components to the deluxe ones, but doesn't include decks of cads, the mini board and the rules from Crossroads. Getting the base and the pack doesn't give you all the components you need to play the expansion.

So, go with the Deluxe version unless you can get a very good deal and find base+expansion+accesory pack for significantly less money than the deluxe.

* I said up to that point because there is a second more recent expansion called Matsuri, and it doesn't come included with the deluxe edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Molokov (AU)
Australia
Adelaide
South Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As Mauricio says, if you intend to get the miniatures and expansions, then go for the Deluxe version, as it has both expansions (Crossroads and Matsuri), minis, CD soundtrack, metal coins and a much larger board, and larger cards.

The only thing I noticed about the deluxe version that was a disappointing difference is that the hot springs cards no longer have monkeys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Universal Head
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I got the deluxe edition plus Matsuri. There's only the Crossroads expansion in the deluxe box.

Hope it's a good game, I've gone all in!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.