Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I know I'm getting older, but if you guys make the rulebook font any smaller, I'm going to need a jeweler's loupe!

Looks like I'll need to assemble one of my trusty game aids so I can get this to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Allard
United States
Dover
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mb
I just received my copy (along with Bios: Genesis) and I was wondering if I was going blind. I didn't know there were fonts that small. I'm thinking I need a PDF version of the rules and card texts so that I can view them on my 27" monitor.

I'll be looking forward to any play aids you might make available and with much appreciation.

JimA
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Guedes
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought the same. Algo, and while we are at it, anyone else hates the glossy finish of the boxes? Dont get me wrong isso love the games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
RvdH
Netherlands
Enschede
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, come on guys. You both have other games by Phil, so you know you need the living rules anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I know there will be living rules, which annoy me but that's a story for another thread, but I like color and graphics.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The first thing I did after spending 5 seconds trying to read the rule book, was to scan it as a PDF on my computer. I then printed them out on old-eye-friendly 8.5"x11" paper. Much better.

(I've started scanning rules when possible. I lost my Pax Porifina rules long ago; they were so tiny, they just disappeared, darn it.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
United States
Cumberland
Rhode Island
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I realize the reason for the small font. Otherwise, the book would be 150 pages!

Just finished going through it and my game aid has been posted and should be in the file section soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmb
senorcoo wrote:
I think I realize the reason for the small font. Otherwise, the book would be 150 pages!

Just finished going through it and my game aid has been posted and should be in the file section soon.

So it would be like the books you'd get with the computer games Europa Universalis 2, Alpha Centauri, and Civilization 2? I'd pay and extra $5 or $10 for that... and I would have paid an extra $10 for Khyber Knives to come with a Pax Pamir box that fits the expansion in it (grrrrr).

Still, I usually just get the living rules and pull out the rule books for diagrams. (I'd also like matte paper over glossy as the shine, small text, and aging eyes of mine don't really like how hard the tiny books are to read.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Verbosity wrote:
and I would have paid an extra $10 for Khyber Knives to come with a Pax Pamir box that fits the expansion in it (grrrrr).

That's what the Pax Porfiriana Collector's Edition box is for

Disclaimer: I have not attempted to fit everything in there yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.