Hide
3 Posts

Grimslingers» Forums » Rules

Subject: A few questions about 'Tall Tales' rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Rey
msg tools

Hopefully someone can help me with these!

A few questions about 'Tall Tales'

1. What if I have to discard a card randomly and I pick up an item from my deck which normally can't be discarded (e.g. Sorcerer's Sidearm)? Is it going to be deactivated instead? Should I draw again?

2. Isn't killing creatures by reducing their EP a little bit overpowered? It seems that sooner than later they always have to have 1 EP cause they have to draw cards and it's very easy to finish everyone this way. Was it intentional? I guess this is the question to the designer...

3. What happens if a creature has got 'undead' modifier drawn and I remove it's last EP point?

4. What happens if a creature gets +4 HP but it's still on its starting HP level. Is it maximum or can it be increased? What about EP?.

5. Something more situational but still important. If I enter the 'action/event' node and the prerequisite to continue the story says 'Must be on an attack or event node' do I have to resolve the node's special action after reading the paragraph? For example in Chapter 1 I have left Jezebel Bridge and entered the 'rest' node and from there I went to the 'attack' node connected straight away to the 'King's Altar'. Story Booklet says that next prerequisite is 'Must be on attack or event' which is done. After reading the appropraite paragraph am I going to be attacked by someone still? The next prerequisite says 'Must be on any map node connected to The King's Altar' which is done as well. Does it mean I should continue the story without any additional 'attacks'?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
kompan wrote:

Hopefully someone can help me with these!

A few questions about 'Tall Tales'

1. What if I have to discard a card randomly and I pick up an item from my deck which normally can't be discarded (e.g. Sorcerer's Sidearm)? Is it going to be deactivated instead? Should I draw again?

2. Isn't killing creatures by reducing their EP a little bit overpowered? It seems that sooner than later they always have to have 1 EP cause they have to draw cards and it's very easy to finish everyone this way. Was it intentional? I guess this is the question to the designer...

3. What happens if a creature has got 'undead' modifier drawn and I remove it's last EP point?

4. What happens if a creature gets +4 HP but it's still on its starting HP level. Is it maximum or can it be increased? What about EP?.

5. Something more situational but still important. If I enter the 'action/event' node and the prerequisite to continue the story says 'Must be on an attack or event node' do I have to resolve the node's special action after reading the paragraph? For example in Chapter 1 I have left Jezebel Bridge and entered the 'rest' node and from there I went to the 'attack' node connected straight away to the 'King's Altar'. Story Booklet says that next prerequisite is 'Must be on attack or event' which is done. After reading the appropraite paragraph am I going to be attacked by someone still? The next prerequisite says 'Must be on any map node connected to The King's Altar' which is done as well. Does it mean I should continue the story without any additional 'attacks'?

Thanks!

Howdy!

Thanks for playing and asking questions!

1. It gets discarded. Items can always be discarded by a card's FX, it's just some items aren't discarded when used. And any discarded item goes back into the main item discard deck.

2. Not OP, and sometimes it's easier to reduce EP, and yes very much intentionally so there are more viable options for killing a creature. Typically it's easier to reduce HP. Monsters aren't meant to kill you, just to weaken you. If you find the game isn't hard enough, up the difficulty setting.

3. It dies.

4. Creatures can't ever go above their maximum/starting HP/EP.

5. That particular spot in the story is screwed up if you take that route and I've made note of it, I apologize. Technically, you'd have to move onto the attack node, resolve the story, then resolve the attack node, then move back to the rest node (or altar), then back to an attack/event node and resolve the story (ending the chapter).

Let me know if you still have more questions!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Rey
msg tools

Thank you Stephen!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.