Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Norris
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmb
I've had a look and can't see any questions on this and it's unclear for me from the rule book.
at the end of the game when you have enmity tokens left in your at war (after rolling) where do you place the sticker, on the game broad or your province board.
we have been placing them on the province board (only max of two so far) but if that's right when would you place one in your home port spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They fill in the spaces on the game board in your province. Where are you putting them on the province board? There aren't any spaces for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Norris
Australia
Canberra
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just in the at war box, i was thinking about it and thought it didn't make much sense

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vince Alvarez
China
Tracy
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Lord frost wrote:
I've had a look and can't see any questions on this and it's unclear for me from the rule book.
at the end of the game when you have enmity tokens left in your at war (after rolling) where do you place the sticker, on the game broad or your province board.
we have been placing them on the province board (only max of two so far) but if that's right when would you place one in your home port spaces?

Those little boxes in your Home Enmity section of your province board are for something later. You should put the stickers in the six spaces that are one the game board adjacent to your home harbor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heyvince wrote:
Lord frost wrote:

Those little boxes in your Home Enmity section of your province board are for something later. You should put the stickers in the six spaces that are one the game board adjacent to your home harbor.

Hm. I'm setting up for Game 2 this evening and I can see that one of our playets has one of those little squares crossed out. I have no idea why he did it, can't remember. He was very raid-happy in Game 1, he's already got a fair few permanent enmity stickers in various places. I can't find any reference to the boxes in the execrable rulebook. Any ideas why he may have done that?

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Steski
United States
Ithaca
NY
flag msg tools
Vigilo Confido
badge
In the pipe, five by five...
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
heyvince wrote:
Lord frost wrote:

Hm. I'm setting up for Game 2 this evening and I can see that one of our playets has one of those little squares crossed out. I have no idea why he did it, can't remember. He was very raid-happy in Game 1, he's already got a fair few permanent enmity stickers in various places. I can't find any reference to the boxes in the execrable rulebook. Any ideas why he may have done that?

Eco

I believe that accomplishing certain milestones allows you to do it. Checking one of those boxes adds an automatic success to the roll for removing enmity at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Federico Galeotti
Italy
Firenze
flag msg tools
http://www.gruppoludico.it/
badge
I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There are, always and only, the bad people, but some of them are on opposite sides.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ecosmith wrote:
heyvince wrote:
Lord frost wrote:

Eco

Yes

Spoiler (click to reveal)
One milestone gives a check on those boxes, which translates in 1 free success during the removal of enmity step in the End of Game phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, cheers.

is that milestone in game 1 though? Shouldn't tyere be something in the rules for that? We only opened bix 1 at tye end of game 1 and havent applied anything from it yet.

Eco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You get the option from the Unlock milestone available in game 1 (Darkness Stirs). If you need to recheck the rules, they're explained in the milestone entry (270 in the Captain's Booke)

Sometimes other milestones will put stickers and stuff out with special rules, so I recommend writing down the Booke entry numbers in case you want to check things later. If you don't remember the game 1 numbers, they can be found here: http://www.plaidhatgames.com/news/726.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ecosmith Ecosmith
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So a fairly important rule is only found in an entey in the Captain's Booke, with no good way to find it again, and no mention of it in the rulebook?

That's pretty crap design.

Thanks v much for that info, it's appreciated.

Eco
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
j n
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I expect if they put it in the rulebook, people would think they can choose it as a game end upgrade or something, but I agree that it's awkward this way too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.