Subject: Map of London rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Key to the City for the first time last night and the first thing that struck me was that was 'I've seen this style of art before'. It's incredibly distinctive axonometric projection, so I had a look through my old maps and found a few maps of London that were produced by Transport for London (TFL) sometime in the early to mid 2000s. I can't quite remember when but I remember picking them up when I was working as a sign designer for them. I loved the maps when I first saw them and I don't think they were around for very long.

I had a look at Katherine Baxter’s website and they weren't listed so there is a small chance she didn't produce them but they are incredibly similar.

Anyway the game was great and I love the art style and for those who are interested in such things here are some photos I just took. The maps were titles A New Perspective to London.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Horabin
United Kingdom
Hounslow
Middlesex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Well done Mr Detective.. good work, very interesting and great maps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ori Avtalion
Israel
flag msg tools
It doesn't look like Baxter's style, at least going by what's on the website. Compare the trees: Baxter always seems to shade them in a particular way with two colors. Here they have a gradient.

But if you're that curious, why not email and ask?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David H
United Kingdom
West London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When I first saw those London maps all those years ago I loved the art style and they weren't around long. So when I saw Key to the City it immediately triggered that memory and reminded me of those great maps.

So I was excited to share them with people more than anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.